Please Just Tell Me What I Need

djbabylove

Please someone just tell me what i need EXACTLY . I HAVE A 30 gallon tank and an Anenome. I have single strip lighting and I just bought a 50/50 20watt bulb for it. Please dont tell me I need to go out and get PC and Metal Halids. I just need somthing simple and that will work.
Here is a picture. Thank you.

wocka

i say take the 50/50 lights back and shop online and u can find some good lights, get atleast 120 of pc lighting for around 100$

asbury030

I hate to tell you this but mandarins need at least 100 lbs of lr. They eat lil things called pods on the rock.

lion_crazz

It was an excellent choice in taking the anemone back, but it would also be a terrible choice to keep a mandarin in your tank as well, as all he will really eat is pods that come from live rock. Your lfs should have told you that mandarins should stay in reef tanks, as pods are essential to their living.

badkharma

And if your cleaner fish is a cleaner wrasse, you'll also have trouble keeping it alive. They need to clean parasites off of fish to thrive, and you need a TON of fish to do that. Much more than your tank would be able to hold. In the nicest way possible, you NEED to research before you buy - that is, know what livestock you are buying, what they require for food, what their general hardiness is, etc... Get books. Post questions. etc...

lion_crazz

Pods are little things that live on live rock. You cannot buy them at the store. I also didn't see that you wrote cleaner fish. I thought it said cleaner shrimp. Well, that also needs to go back then, if it is a cleaner wrasse (which is most likely is).

thedraven

Agree with Badkharma... you really should do a bit more research before you buy. Were all guilty of this as newbies, but its so very important. Ive taken to leaving a copy of Robert Fenner's book (The Conscientious Marine Aquarist) in my car during every trip to my lfs, so I can make an informed decision about a potential (and otherwise impulsive) buy. Please do yourself a favor and return the mandarin, they are basically impossible to keep without quite a bit of live rock (to support a large pod population) and a very well established tank. There are tons of other wonderful fish you could keep in a 30 gal tank, just scroll through the selection on this site and something will surely catch your eye. Take your time and keep asking questions.

moraym

You made a good choice w/ the cleaner shrimp though, they're great to have and pretty interesting.