please pray for my cat

ghola5

HI guys, im always posting about my tank but today im asking for prayer for my cat, she is very sick and vet bill is 800 and growing... please pray for her, her name is baby.
thanks so much

reefkprz

know how you feel there, my GFs cat Odie got hit by a car a while back and had to have her half lower jaw debrided and removed. now we have a manx with half a jaw. $2,100 And change not counting the emergency vet bill. Best of luck to you.

ghola5

thanks guys so much, I love all animals, huge animal lover, would help anything that ever needed me, my kitty came from a homeless cat that was preg, she has 4 kittens and we kept all 4 of them, she had blood in her pee so i took her in, she had a urinary track infection, thought to be simple but came home from work and she could hardly breath, took her in and she is backed up with her stool and her heart rate is 300 and normal is 170 they say, she can hardly drink anything at all so she is getting dried out bad. They looked at lungs, and took blood test , thryroid, they dont know whats wrong, he says it could be her heart but she is 4 and you would think there would be a sign earlier from her if she where to have heart trouble right?
so she has a tummy infection, a urinary infection, she is sneezing a ton, having hard time breathing, going to bathroom,hard time eating, hard time drinking.... its so stressing but i will do anything for my animals even though I dont really have the money, if anyone has any idea what it could be? let me know, vets cant seem to pinpoint it.'
thanks sooo much

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by ghola5
thanks guys so much, I love all animals, huge animal lover, would help anything that ever needed me, my kitty came from a homeless cat that was preg, she has 4 kittens and we kept all 4 of them, she had blood in her pee so i took her in, she had a urinary track infection, thought to be simple but came home from work and she could hardly breath, took her in and she is backed up with her stool and her heart rate is 300 and normal is 170 they say, she can hardly drink anything at all so she is getting dried out bad. They looked at lungs, and took blood test , thryroid, they dont know whats wrong, he says it could be her heart but she is 4 and you would think there would be a sign earlier from her if she where to have heart trouble right?
so she has a tummy infection, a urinary infection, she is sneezing a ton, having hard time breathing, going to bathroom,hard time eating, hard time drinking.... its so stressing but i will do anything for my animals even though I dont really have the money, if anyone has any idea what it could be? let me know, vets cant seem to pinpoint it.'
thanks sooo much
I am VERY sorry to hear about your cat. I love cats (and animals in general) and I will say a prayer for your cat for sure.
(Also, please do not take offense that I moved your post. It was just not reef tank related. Not a big issue; just part of my job as moderator.
)

ghola5

oh no problem
i was just looking for my post and got kinda nervous it got kicked off or something :) but i found it now. thank so much

mimzy

have you had your cats tested for Leukemia and Aids? being born of a feral cat, your kittens were at risk for contracting both of those diseases. While the symptoms you are describing don't perfectly match either of these diseases, they could be huge contributing factors. If you haven't had them tested, I strongly suggest it.
keep us posted!

ghola5

when she was a kitten I had her shots for them so I dont think it could be that, but, do u think that would have shown up on the blood test? or other sign could be showing?
she has been in great health all 4 years having her, im just so stumped :(

mimzy

when she was a kitten I had her shots for them so I dont think it could be that, but, do u think that would have shown up on the blood test? or other sign could be showing?
she has been in great health all 4 years having her, im just so stumped :(
just b/c she was vaccinated doesn't mean she doesn't have it; if she was born with the diseases, the vaccines did nothing. A blood test is the only way to tell for sure wether or not she's infected, bt they are specific blood tests - they wouldn't necesarily show up on a normal chem-screen unless she had progressed well into the diseases.
Also, is she the type of cat to get in to garbage and things? She could have ingested something poisonous to her... not likely, but just a thought.

ghola5

do u know what the signs on for thoes? if any?
she isnt the type to get into trash and such, it has all came on since we took her in for her urinary infection, I thought the meds could be doing something to her, but vet says to continue giving them to her , also vet said thick saliva pouring out of mouth all day was normal yesterday and that its due to stress and meds, but she looked so bad, and so sick and I found it hard to think it was normal,what do u think?

dogstar

Praying......
Have you or the vet considered the masive pet food recall because of it being tainted with rat poison and possibly you have used one of those brands ?

ghola5

update on my cat baby...
This is very strange but I have went a day without giving her any meds, she is feeling and looking better then she has in days, so now I really dont know what to do, she still seems to be breathing hard which would mean her heart rate has to still be higher then normal and she seems to have a cold, sneezing alot still, and she is having a hard time going to bathroom still, she is doing better but not herself yet at all, vet gave me some new paste to put on her paw to lick off to help her to go to bathroom, Im just so nervous to give her any more meds since after giving her meds in the first place she got worst. Should I wait a few more days, let her get stronger and then continue with her meds? I have had tons of animals my whole life and know alot about most, im just really confused on her situation because it justs seems the meds have made her sicker, I have never had this happen ever with any of my animals.((I didnt have any of the recall cat food, I also have 3 other cats and they are healthy as a pack of cows, its the first thing I did ask my vet and told what kind of catfood I had so unless they recall more Im pretty sure its not that.
thanks everyone so much

sepulatian

update on my cat baby...
This is very strange but I have went a day without giving her any meds, she is feeling and looking better then she has in days, so now I really dont know what to do, she still seems to be breathing hard which would mean her heart rate has to still be higher then normal and she seems to have a cold, sneezing alot still, and she is having a hard time going to bathroom still, she is doing better but not herself yet at all, vet gave me some new paste to put on her paw to lick off to help her to go to bathroom, Im just so nervous to give her any more meds since after giving her meds in the first place she got worst. Should I wait a few more days, let her get stronger and then continue with her meds? I have had tons of animals my whole life and know alot about most, im just really confused on her situation because it justs seems the meds have made her sicker, I have never had this happen ever with any of my animals.((I didnt have any of the recall cat food, I also have 3 other cats and they are healthy as a pack of cows, its the first thing I did ask my vet and told what kind of catfood I had so unless they recall more Im pretty sure its not that.
thanks everyone so much

Have you thought about going to a different vet with the meds and see what they say about it? It does seems strange that she is doing better without the meds.

ghola5

This week I have been to two different vets, second one just gives me new meds and says stop giving her the others, I have to say its hard to find a good vet you can really trust, :(

firerescue

I kinda know what you are going thru. I let our cat out friday night because she wanted to go outside and saturday morning I found her in our pond.