please pray for my cat

sepulatian

How is the kitty doing now? Any improvement? I am sorry you got such a bad second oppinion. I really hope she makes a full recovery. I am still praying for her.

autofreak44

i keep seeing this thread and it reminds me of the time i was at my friends house. lets start off with saying that im very alergic to cats. i fell asleep on his couch. i wake up in the morning with his 12 year old sheding druling cat in my face after 6 hours of breathing cat dander i couldnt close my eyes they were so swolen. i have a pic of it somewhere, i look like will smith on hitch when he eats the shellfish hehe

ghola5

well baby the cat I first wrote about, she is acting like herself again, not so sick as I can see, but, Iknow she still has to have the infections in her because she still acts to have some probs going to bathroom, so i gave her meds yesterday, and she knows if she throws them up then she wont feel sick, so she is throwing them up, so now I dont know how to give her these meds but she is feeling the best now out of the other 4. The other 3 cats now have what she has, what could this be? a bad infection? I have had animals all my life and Ihave never seen anything like this before where they pass something to each other. Has anyone every had this happen? 2 animal gets really sick and then the others get sick right after? There inside cats to do its soemthing that had to have been brought to them?

klchasnov

I am heartbroken to hear about your furkids!! My thoughts are with you and the felines. Have you and your vets considered Distemper??? I know the sneezing is a classic sign of distemper. I wish you the very best. Take care and give those kitties some extra luvin.

ghola5

do u know what cause distemper?can it get cleared up on its own? I have had someone say it sounds like that and then say that if it was that then a vet would know it was for sure and would have said something? we ran test on her and he saidnothing of it and didnt even bring it up once. im going to call tomorrow and see what they say.

nigerbang

Found this for you...
What it is:
Panleukopenia is a severe, highly contagious viral disease of cats, kittens, raccoons, and mink. The panleukopenia virus tends to invade cells which are rapidly growing such as those of the digestive system, bone marrow (which makes blood cells), lymph tissue, and developing nervous system. This explains the common symptoms of diarrhea, vomiting, low white blood cell count, and seizures. A vaccine is available to protect against the disease.
How it spreads:
FPV is most commonly transmitted when a susceptible cat has contact with the feces or urine of infected cats. Infected cats shed the virus in their feces and urine up to 6 weeks after they recover. FPV can also be spread by contact with urine- or feces-contaminated items such as food bowls, water dishes, clothing, shoes, hands, bedding, and litter boxes.
The panleukopenia virus is also transmitted from the mother to the developing kittens within her uterus.
Symptons:
The symptoms of panleukopenia can be similar to those seen in dogs with parvo or canine distemper (vomiting, diarrhea, and seizures), which is why the disease is sometimes called 'feline distemper.' Panleukopenia in young unvaccinated kittens is usually fatal.
Young Cats: Many older cats who are exposed to feline panleukopenia virus do not show symptoms. However, young (3-5 months old) unvaccinated cats can become seriously ill. The onset of symptoms is sudden and cats will start out with fevers of 104-107°F, depression, and will not eat. These symptoms appear so suddenly, some owners think their pet has been poisoned. Three to four days later they will start vomiting and can become severely dehydrated. Severely dehydrated cats may hang their heads over the water bowl, but not drink. Diarrhea can also occur and may be bloody.
A cat who becomes severely dehydrated may develop a lower than normal body temperature hypothermia, become weak and even comatose. Such a cat is very susceptible to developing a bacterial infection in addition to the viral infection.
Cats who survive the symptoms for longer than five days will usually survive, but complete recovery (regaining of weight) may take several weeks.
Pregnant Cats and Their Litters: Pregnant cats who become infected with panleukopenia may abort or have stillborn kittens. In some cases, some of the kittens in the litter will be born incoordinated and have tremors, especially of the head. These nervous system changes are caused by the panleukopenia virus affecting the cerebellum, the part of the brain responsible for coordinating muscle movement. Mentally, these cats appear normal. As the kittens grow, they may be able to compensate and lead relatively normal lives.
Kittens may also have abnormalities of the retina of the eye (the back of the eye which receives the light and sends signals to the brain).
Sorry for the long post..

ghola5

Thanks for posting that, I really dont think my cats have this because they only have the sneezing and weakness, no throwing up or bad poopies. I just dont know what it is, im deep cleaning my whole house tonight. will keep u updated, thanks so much

ghola5

you guys wont believe this, my sick cat got off my balcony friday night! she is no where to be found, I am so depressed, I cant find her anywhere, this has been such a bad 2 weeks, I feel like I have lost my 4 year old child. Im so sad, guys please keep praying now for her to come home. thanks so much

imurnamine

You poor thing... you need to get some rest.
Everything will be okay. Go out and look and call for her, but after that, just try and take it easy... kay?