Please Read This

florida joe

sorry for not posting but this is important i just posted this to some one else
I’m so sorry for not posting this BUT there is a problem with the seachem copper test kit the powder they give you does not give a reading of copper try there test regent and see if you get a reading if not contact there tec support and tell them they will send you out a different powder to test the amount of copper in your tank I don’t know why they have not recalled all there test kits. You may have to much copper in your tank I would run a poly filter as soon as possible until I can be sure of the amount of copper in your tank

earlybird

Wow joe on the spot. Seachem has excellent customer service. Curious do you regularly test for copper or are you performing a treatment?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Correct, you should give some details about the problem you are having because Seachem is a reputable manufacture.

florida joe

I am not saying they are not BUT before I went the hypo way I ordered Cupramine and as you suggested Beth I ordered their copper test kit. I used the copper as per their instructions and after 48 hours and two doses I should have had a reading of 0.5 mg/l when I tested the copper (using their test kit) I got 0.0ml of copper. So I added another dose (dumb on my part) tested again and again 0.0. I then used their test regent with comes with the copper test kit guess what 0.0. Thinking it was just a bad kit I contacted the two doctors from which I ordered it on line. They sent me another test kit guess again same reading 0.0 after dosing again I tested using their test regent 0.0 I contacted seachem and I was told by their tec support I should try mixing the powder that comes with the test kit I did that while she was on the phone with me. Same results 0.0 she then told me that they were having trouble with the powder and she was sending me an other type it would be a very small amount but it would be enough for 75 test I asked if they were changing to this new powder and she said the new one was very expensive and they were looking into something else to use.
I use many seachem products all I am saying is if you have the copper test kit check it with the regent they give you to be sure you’re not over medicating
This is a copy of the instructions that were sent to me with the new powder
New Copper Test Kit Instructions
I. Fill sample pipette to base of bulb and dispense to a test cavity of the test plate.
Repeat, adding to same cavity.
2. Add 2 drops of Copper Reagent 2.
3. Insert the dry stir rod into the Copper Reagent I container to coat the rod with a
very light dusting of reagent. Gently tap the rod against the side of the container
to shake off excess Copper Reagent 1.
4. Dip stir rod with Copper Reagent 1 in test cavity and stir briefly.
5-- Compare color with color chart within 20 to 30 seconds after stirring. If testing
chelated copper, read after 15to 25 minutes. (Cupramine TM is not chelated.)
6. Promptly dispose of completed test solutions by rinsing test cavity under running
Water. If the test plate becomes stained, soak or clean with dilute bleach cleaner

florida joe

kenny 3stripedamsel was told he has a bad test kit and they are sending him out the one with the new powder i guess a lot of the bad ones are still out there i hope people read this post