Please vote!

harlequinnut

I want to see how many of us hobbyist out there have a supportive or equally enthusiastic significant other when it comes to our tanks. Please vote and feel free to post your situation if you want. Thanks!

sweetdawn

husband totally non supportive. tell him everything is half the price it is. Also put things in and dont mention it. I work ten to fifteen hours a day if i want to spend my money on the tank i will and he better shut up about it if i have to choose because the tank is prettier than he is. lol kidding ( I think im kidding)

saltymom

Mine is totally way more enthusiastic about it....and it was my idea to start it up! I did make the first purchase of the 46gallon saltwater with my dollars...but it wasnt long until he was laying down the $$$ for the 180.

lovethesea

Originally posted by sweetdawn
t if i have to choose because the tank is prettier than he is. lol kidding ( I think im kidding)

lovethesea

Originally posted by BeachBumTX
I have no significant other....A BUM needs some love, too!

aww.....whatdya mean no one? I can't believe there isn't a cute marine biologist to be out there for ya. You can be like the captains of ships. The sea is their girl....
:yes:
or not....:)
we both have equal interest. He loves to clean it ALL of the time so I will give him that.

birdy

My husband is supportive and likes the tank, he likes to go to the LFS and help pick out corals and fish, He even picked out a couple of sps frags for me the other day. He keeps me from spending too much money, but if it is something we really need or something that I really like, I can get it. I do all the maintenance on it though, he is my handy man and will build anything I ask him to. It is a good partenership (in so many other ways also) I just love my hubby!

innsmouth

My wife is the reason I got into this. She wanted a fish tank for Xmas this year. Now 3 SW tanks, thousands of dollars, a dozen or so books and 400 posts later I'd have to say I'm pretty supportive. Now who's tank did I say it was?

michael7979

My wife loves the tank but hates the cost. She says I spend more time on the tank/computer than I do with her. She is 75% into the hobby but I crush her enthusiasim(sp). Love her anyway.:joy:

cindyski

Originally posted by Melody
He's not equally as enthusiastic but does love the beauty of it and he supports my hobby $$. Can't ask for anything more. :happy:

thats about where we are at too, he does help out, make's sure the water is topped off each morning, he likes to feed the tank (which scares me sometimes) and he catches my monsters :D
he really enjoys when someone comes over and complements and asks questions. i try and teach him the correct name for the inverts and fish and give him a little background so when someone asks him he can be proud to answer correctly.
i think he likes it more than he would admit
:happyfish

brownleaf

My wife didn't care much about the tank, she only look at it once in a while
. Just me and my son enjoy it most of the time. he's so cute that he would draw picture of the tank all the time.:happyfish

jkvjl

It's a good thing I have my wife if not for her my Star fish wouldn't eat. God knows I can't feed the thing..

nacl-man

I wanted a new protein skimmer to replace my SeaClone.
My wife told me to buy a Euro-Reef.
It doesn't get any better than that.
Except when she told me to replace my crappy 44 pentagon with a brand new Oceanic 58 with Mahogany stand and canopy. ($650.00!!!).
I have the best wife ever.

friction32

My wife loves the hobby as much as I do and is wanting me to do a fowlr tank so we can have the fish we can't have in the reef.When we goto the LFS and I see something I like she is the one that usually talks me into getting it.I think she wants it's as mush as I do and thats a good excuse!!!LOL

polarpooch

Both of us are very into the fish tanks! It's really fun when your boyfriend LIKES to go SHOPPING (even if it is for fish and corals only:)!) And from time to time there is a new coral or something in the tank---because we trust each other not to wreck our systems! Cool...no complaints about the fella!

salty cheese

I'm alone, sooo alone.

The bright side is all the money I would spend on a women, I can now spend on my tank and of course beer to numb the pain of lonely heart.:D

sammystingray

MY SF is equal 100% in the love of saltwater.....sometimes I think she loves it even more than me. I believe she enjoys the beauty and calmness the sea life offers, whilst I enjoy the scientific facts of what's inside an anemone, and if I cut him in half.......will he grow and why?.....I like the learning part more, whereas she simply enjoys the beauty....although she does enjoy learning about things.......she really doesn't know or care how zooxan works or anything like that. It's equal, and she actually helps........err.......actually, makes me keep up on maintainance when I start to slip.:D

nemo lover

I bought our fish tank for my husband on fathers day. He does not help. but he doesnt complain about the price of keeping it up. And he does like to help pick when it comes to new additons. I do all the work he gets all the play lol.