pls hlp ive stumble upn a brick wall and cant continue wth plans

aquaman2000

pls help :help: :help: get things straight

i think the following questions might be dumb for most of you but for me they are a wall ive stumbled upon

i have read and read but have not seen any post to this question (this makes me believe the question is self explainable when you have the things before you or like i said it is a dumb question)
i have no idea how the plumbing will go on a 140 tank
i will find out later when i buy my equipment
but thats not the point (or is it)
ive been hearing people putting 1-4 powerheads on a tank,
what follows in their thread is, they are good for getting circulation in spots one or two wouldn't get (i agree)

here are my questions
i now the pump helps return the water from the sump, sump/fuge , wet/dry, or whatever you have to the main tank
and
the powerheads are used for the water flow, but how do you connect 4 powerheads to one pump?
do you use T's on the plumbing to connect the powerheads?
do the powerheads have a manual that explain this in detail?
or am i approaching this the wrong way?

sign guy

a power head is a small pump that is in the tank just moving water
were as the sump pump exits the water out through 1 or 2 return lines

outlaw60

what I think you are trying to do is a closed loop system. Powerheads are self powered units, ie plug in and go, no plumbing. A good place to visit for closed loops is melevs reef. Google it, great info and he explains and diagrams much better than I ever could. If you can, use the OM diverter, the swcd is not even close in performance or longevity.

aquaman2000

thanks to both of you for the answer
now i can continue with my list
i just couldnt figure out the thing with the pump-powerhead
i thought they were conected and say a 1800 return pump and a 1200 ph would create a 3000 return
what was i thinking now im lol of my self