plumbing Q?

has anyone thought about how convenient it would be to have your tank drain directly into your house drain system? has anyone out there done it?:notsure: :help:

txtwstr

When I built my sump I split the output from my pump. One goes to tank. The other has a quick connect/dis connect for a water hose.(hd) I can just connect hose run it to my sink close valve to tank and open valve to hose. Presto my pump drains water quickly for water change. I am no expert but this seems to work quick and easy for me.

acekjd83

a friend of mine actually took that idea a step further...
his bedroom shared a wet wall (wall with plumbing) with the bathroom, and he cut a hole into the wall, spliced a t-fitting into the cold water pipe, and ran the pipe into the back of his stand directly into a R/O with pressure regulator.

last time i talked to him he was trying to set it up to automatically top off, and pondering how to hook into the drains from his room... :rolleyes:

yo ace. fortunately, i was able to get the r/o plumbed into the laundry room on the other side.:happy: UNfortunately the wife did not find it to be a good thing.
but i did explain to her that part of the plan was to have the eventual inwall tank ready to rock and easy to maintain was to have everything preplumbed into the house systems
aaahh she forgot. LOL