Plumbing question

emmitt

My 180g rr will ne here this week. Its gonna have a 90 or 120g sump/fuge. Due to some water damage, the wall right next to the tank that seperates that room from a half bathroom is having the drywall replaced. The drywall in the half bath is also being replaced. There is a sink and toilet but no shower/bath drain in the half.
My question is this, since this work is being done, is there anything i can do to make water changes easier? Can/should I pipe something thru the wall so i can dump the water in the sink or toilet? Can you even dump saltwater down a sink drain or will it corrode it over time? Any suggestions that will help keep me from lugging out 50-75 gallons of waste water will be GREATLY appreciated.
p.s.- i'm planning on a having a typhoon III ro,di, was thinking that could be piped into the half bath too but no clue how, any ideas?

W

winstew

I hightly recommend the Python. Hook it right up to your sink faucet and turn it on. It creates its own sucktion and draws all the water you need out and puts it right in the sink. Saltwater corrodes if it sits a sink gets enough use to flush salt deposits away.

dogstar

Well, You could install an RO filter under the sink and tap into the drain line and cold water line and run an RO line thru the wall to a auto float valve on the sump and top offs are auto. BUT, a large container will be needed for doing water changes so if you want to keep one in the halfbath then you can also place a T in the RO line and have a line with a manual or auto valve to fill the container with RO too.
Also run a hose thru the wall from sump to the container with a pump on the container end so it can pump new water into the sump.
Also another hose and pump from the sump thru the wall and somehow connect to the sink drain ' after the RO drain ' and use this to pump water out of the sump for WCs. The RO draining should wash the salt down and lessen the chance of corroding.
Just thinking.........

emmitt

I was thinking maybe something like a 1.5-2" hole in the wall near the floor. Run some pvc thru it flush to the walls on both sides. Then put the ro/di under the sink in the half bath and run it thru the wall to the container by the tank. Also, when i do a water change, i could just run the hose thru the wall and drain the water right in the sink or toilet.
What do you think about that idea? Is it worth the hole in the walls to not have to lug out 50-75 gallons? My tank is small now so my water changes are now also. How do you guys with 180+ tanks get the dirty water out of the house?

dogstar

I syphon it to the bathtub....and then rinse the tub drain with a couple gallons from the tap.