-Pods

fishman830

Ok, this is my first real pod sighting, i do not have very much lr 2 1/2 lbs (dont laugh im saving up for 60 lbs of base rock then going to buy 50 lbs of lr) anyway, i saw about 50-60 of them. ive never seen them when the lights were on, but tonight was the first real sighting

karajay

I didn't laugh at 2 1/2 lbs.... until I noticed how big your tank is.
Sorry
Anyway, congrats on the pods!

harlequinnut

Originally posted by ms. fish
Cool. Mine are brave...they run all over the tank even with the lights on. They're kinda gross!

Is it just my tank or is your pods different? The pods in my 46 only comes out when the lights are off. They go into hiding everytime the lights come on.:confused:

fishman830

yep same here! they're pretty big , i think i have 2 differnt kinda they're the tiny spec ones, and then the largeer ones, they're about 1/8 of an inch

ms. fish

No, in general they hide when the lights are on. But sometimes, I notice a few brave souls walking around the rocks or the sand. Even some bristleworms venture out into the light from time to time. I just have a brave bunch I think!

chinnyr

I think in part it all depends on your tank inhabitants.When I had fish,for example...Mandarines,scooter blennies and hawkfish that prey on them ....I saw no pods with the lights on.And,I have developed safe havens for them to hang out in,such as little piles of rock and a mass of green star polyps growing up the glass in the corner.Now,I see tons of them all about with the lights on.Especially the little shrimp.I could'nt believe how quickly they dissapeared with the Scooter in there.Now they run rampit all over the tank:happy:

beaslbob

I recently started feeding live brine, and added about 10 gramarus( spelling) to my refugium. Plus have been feeding filter feeders. I now have numerous pods in my display caulpera and between rocks. Interesting and the calupera seems to be keeping them save while still providing some cover from the fish.

m.rogers

fishman that is cool but he has some great prices uncured-$2.60 or $2.50 for 4 or more boxsthis is only for uncured partially cured-$3.65 and fully cured-$4.00
mike