Police

firefish3

how do become part of a "police squad" like the tang police. I love tangs too much to put any of them in something smaller than a 75 galllon minimum. I know same old story I saw finding nemo and decided I was going to get a blue hippo tang. Any comments, also is there a goby police?

lovethesea

Lionfish, go to the New Hobbyist and the thread is Who are the Tang police? :)
Firefish.......I am a upstanding memeber of the Mandarin Police,
sometimes undercover.
so don't mention anything about it. :D

frozenice

So say someone has a tang in a 45 gallon what would you do? Write em a ticket?
But it is something nice to do for our fishy friends.

chandler04

45 is a little bit small, but as long as it is a juvy, itll be fine. Then u will need a really large tank wen they are adults. Noone writes tickets, but you WILL get totally REEMED by a crapload of people.:D

T

tizzo

A 45 is NOT just a little bit small...
But if you did attempt it you would not get a ticket, you would get a BIG, FAT:nope:
Oh yeah, and a stressed out, colorless, unhappy, and soon to be dead, fish.:D

master 33

Ive seen Yellow tangs in nano tanks before. I dont reccomend it but I have seen it in more than one store. I have a YT in a 40 gal and he is just fine. Hes not real big yet but he is doing well.....only about 3 inches long.

T

tizzo

Obviously the beautiful trance it has on your eye-balls supercedes its health, happiness and well being. But I understand, the yellow tang has that affect on a lot of people... That's why it's my fav.
OH YEAH, AND...:nope::nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

firefish3

i want to join the tang police but i dont know who is on the team which is why I am asking. No tang in anything smaller that a 75 period. even yellow tang

T

tizzo

Originally posted by Firefish3
No tang in anything smaller that a 75 period. even yellow tang

There you go... Now you are an official member, but next time don't forget the :nope:

T

tizzo

Originally posted by Chris A H
So do I get busted if I keep a purple or yellow tang in a lightly stocked 75 gallon?
Chris:

Not busted, cause that's obviously not working. You will just simply be deemed irresponsible, and verging getting the title of being a bad dad to your fish!! And I will resist the urge to tell you that you should have done more research before buying those fish, and if you did in fact do your research then your selfishness "owns" you and you should seek counceling. But I won't say it. :D