polyp placement

I was wondering where in the tank I should have my polyps placed? my LFS told me to have them towards the bottom in medium current, and they have been getting smaller, and smaller....when I bought them the rock was almost completly covered, now I only have 2 left.......any suggestions as what to do? they recommended a water change, and that would help, but it didn't do anything!

the claw

I just learned that some phosphate removers can kill your yellow polyps. They just waste way to nothing.

rickster

Once again I must recommend the "Corals: a Quick reference Guide" by Sprung......each species is unique and this book helps in placement.

actually I honestly can't remember what kind they are, but here is a picture of what's left. there is actually 2 kinds there, the green ones, and some white ones that aren't out.

jarvis

My first guess is something is eating them. Can you describe what they look like? (color, size) Are they just closed up or actually gone? IMO I would think most polyps are pretty indestructable as far as any water qaulity issues or lighting issue go.

ok, i (on a whim) moved them up to the top of the tank.......they are slowly starting to come back, but they aren't as big.......even the one in the pic is smaller!