Polyps question

frenchman

I have had a "brown" polyps for quite a while already. Some heads have white spots in the middle. I am wondering what it means?
- are the young
- are they old and dying
- is the water quality decreasing?
Thanks for your help. :D

I have one's that are purple tube's and green "arms" and are white in the middle. I got mine on Monday and love the little guys. I was lucky enough to get a mushroom on the rock also. They have grown so much that there "arms" are intertwining. I don't know if this is good or not but they look really healthy.

frenchman

Hello? Hellllllllllllllllo??? Anybody here? Where are the experts sharks? I have done "my homeworks" searching through the different boards but did not find an answer. Can someone finally help?
Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

alianated

I have 3 different colorations of polyps.. all three have the little 'bulbs' in the middle....
Are you sure they are white? If you look closely, they may actually be a very light green.. like a mint green.
All three of mine have the light green coloration in their bulbs, but one of them is VERY close to white.. so it looks white at first, if this is the case, I would say its not a sign of anything, just a sign that they are 'out to play'