Polyps

muskyhunte

I am looking for some help on some polyps that I have. I bought them about 3 weeks agao and they we awsome. About a week later they will not open. I did all my water checks and everything is great. I moved them from higher to lower spots in the tank. I moved them from more water flow to less water flow. My local FS told me to start doing more water changes so I did 10 gallons a day for a week, still NO OPEN POLYPS. I did find 1 bad snail that eats polyps and removed it from my tank. What is my next step? All the other corals in my tank are awsome.

nm reef

As a general rule polyps are very adaptable and hardy...so if your lighting is acceptable and your water chemistry stable I'd say patience will help. None of mine like a strong current...except for my yellow polyps. They also seem to like a direct feeding now and then.

nm reef

Huh?
Whenever I direct feed corals I use a mix of assorted meaty foods thawed with tank water...zoe and zoecon added ...then I gently spray small portions directly on the corals with a turkey baster. Most times I also turn off the circulation to allow corals to capture and feed without the flow blowing everything around.Polyps normally respond well to direct feedings especially if the meaty foods are small enough for them to consume.

groucheux

I have the same problem (actually I just posted a new thread...sorry!!!) I bought some yellow polyps that did fine for a 5 or 6 hours and then closed up. That was 4 days ago and I haven't seen them since. 5 or 6 months ago the same thing happened with some button polyps I had bought. I was told to just wait...but they dver did open up.
I feel your frustration!!