Pom-Pom Crab

marco333

My pom pom crab finally became brave and now walks around the tank so i can finally get a good picture of him. I got him with no anemones so u his claws are empty, but he is still fine and eats food that I hand feed him. If anyone has any other cool crabs post some pics here.

wax32

It's my favorite type of hermit. I have 6 of them plus one just like it with orange legs.

speg

I like the boxing crab better :p Stinkin wax tryin to steal glory from the pom pom with his silly hermits. It will never happen son!

wax32

Originally Posted by Marco333
If anyone has any other cool crabs post some pics here.

And that crab isn't a pom-pom. It's a pom-pom-less!

wax32

Originally Posted by clown123
i like the 1st one better.
Me too, that's why I have more of them.

I actually had two of the orange but one died, I think it didn't acclimate well.

K

kimc

Pom Pom Crabs are cool. I wanted to get one but the guy at lfs says the ones he sees are very, very small. What size is yours??

wax32

Looks like Marco bought the crab with no anemones, dunno if they often lose them once you have bought them.
They are small crabs.
Ok, dumb question but what type of anemones do pom pom or boxer crabs carry?

Little bitty ones!

elvictre

The anemones are Bunodeopsis sp.
They are most likely not available. My pom pom lost his when I had a kalkwasser accident and he replaced them with some tiny red mushrooms. The pic is not that clear but here he is.
Vic

fishrule

Here is one of my Porcelain Crabs... It's not the best picture, because they like to hang upside down under rock crevasses extending their maxillipeds to catch food.
These guys are very cool to watch, but do hide a lot...