Pom Pom crab

b0bby1

does anyone have a pom pom crab AKA boxing crab. if so comment bak. i was thinking about gettin one soon i want to get some opinions on them.

alyssia

Originally Posted by b0bby1
does anyone have a pom pom crab AKA boxing crab. if so comment bak. i was thinking about gettin one soon i want to get some opinions on them.

I have three, they are really cool but I only see them maybe once every couple of months. I only know they're still there b/c I find molts.

alyssia

Originally Posted by nYgel
you have three? wow, thats cool... should i get multiple ones? I like em alot.

I just got three hoping that I would get to see at least one of them more, but it didn't work.

Originally Posted by alyssia
I just got three hoping that I would get to see at least one of them more, but it didn't work.
Do they require a reef? And anenomes? Do they really run around waving anenome clippings at things lol?

Originally Posted by DeMartini
I see mine all the time. He is so cute! next time I see them I'm going to buy another.
lol answer my question then meanie. do they require a reef and anenomes? do they really come out and wave their pom poms around? lol its seems like everyone is saying you never see them but when you do its awesome.

pete43

I have a pom pom and I've only seen him about 3 times but I have a video of him goin across some liverock,leave your e-mail and I'll send it your way
so long-Pete

gypsana

I have one and I hardly see him. Last time I did he had no pom poms. He is around somewhere I guess. :thinking: But he is super cool and trying to find him is like trying to find the "Gold Bug"

alyssia

Originally Posted by MaddestHatter
lol answer my question then meanie. do they require a reef and anenomes? do they really come out and wave their pom poms around? lol its seems like everyone is saying you never see them but when you do its awesome.

They don't require a reef or anemones. I think most of them lose their little anemones eventually. I don't know if they actually wave their pom poms at things b/c as soon as I put mine in the tank, they disappeared.

demartini

Originally Posted by MaddestHatter
Mine has a great little personality. He waves his pom poms at whatever comes near him. I squirt mysis at him and he goes crazy!! lol it's really cute!
they don't require anything special.

Mine has a great little personality. He waves his pom poms at whatever comes near him. I squirt mysis at him and he goes crazy!! lol it's really cute!
they don't require anything special.
oh man it sounds like its just worth having it for the luxury of seeing it when you can ya know lol? i want one now :( send me one ;) just kidding.

gypsana

Just for information, my crab lost his pom poms. I saw him the other night he is growing new ones :joy: I could never find any info if this happened or not but now I have seen it with my own eyes. :happyfish

miami298

I bought one of these and I really like it when he comes out to say hi. On average I see him once every 2 days. He seems to be coming out while I am feeding or soon after. I've target fed him a few times and he does wave his pom poms around like crazy. I saw him in the same crevice for a few days once and he finally molted. Soon after I sat down he pushed his molting out of the hole, which then fell down the front portion of the tank - it was cool to watch

I should've bought more when I saw them for sale but what deterred me from getting 2 or more was that I saw 2 pom pom crabs wrestling with each other at the fish store. It literally looked as if one of them was holding one anemone up in the air while the other was trying to steal it from him. I figured buying multiples might eventually leave me with pom pom-less crabs which would have made them less entertaining.

sigmachris

mine is on that thread... he's the cutie with different colored anemones... and he smiles! lol
Since he is carrying anemones do they require special lighting? DM I know you just upgraded your lights but did the boxer's anemones do fine with the stock BioCube?