Pom Pom crab

sigmachris

Can I also apologize in advance if the above question is really a rookie question and the anemones aren't really alive...

xokarmaxo

Originally Posted by rubytoo
http://media.putfile.com/Boxing-Crab
I've had him almost a year i think
He's really cool , waving his poms to catch food
hope this works
:jumping:
first time setting up a link so here we go! :cheer:
OMG!!! That is TOO cute!! I got a pom pom crab Wednesday and have seen him just once each day. He loves to hang out in the nooks and crannies of my live rock. He's lost his little anemones, so hopefully, his will grow back and he'll be a little more "confident" to come out and stand his ground!

Thanks for sharing that!

cgj

If im not mistaken, they will never grow back. The only way he'll have them again is if you offer him an anemone which he'll clip tiny pieces from.

puffer32

Originally Posted by CGJ
If im not mistaken, they will never grow back. The only way he'll have them again is if you offer him an anemone which he'll clip tiny pieces from.
Thats correct. Mine came without anenomes and i saw him clip off hunks of my elegance to use instead. i don't think my clown would allow him to take any part of her anenome, so he settled for some elegance instead. I don't know if he still has the pom poms, that was probably a month ago, afew days after i got him and i haven't seen him since. Not sure if my coral banded or large emeralds would harm him or not, or if hes just hiding out, maybe from them.

kanicky

I am hopefully getting one this afternoon, as long as my LFS was able to order one yesterday. I can't wait!