POOR lil Tangy

engineer

Tonight when I was feeding my fish I saw that one of my other tangs must have wooped up on him, he has a cut behind his front left fin. I am worried because it is a big cut. I think it was my newest fish(two spot bristletooth) Yesterday they were chasing each other around the tank for a couple rounds. I am and have been alternating garlic and zoe soaked mysis, marine cuisine, and nori. He is still eating like a big pig. Anyone have any consoling stories!!!!!!

oceanists

Originally Posted by engineer
Anyone have any consoling stories!!!!!!

yup ... I bought a beat up yellow tang he didnt have a anal fin what so ever and his top fin what just about gone also ...... raised him back to health and he is fine now a year and a half later

imurnamine

Aww!
I had bought a very sickly Yellow Tang... He died, it ripped my heart out. I tried so hard to keep him alive...

scsinet

As long as he keeps eating, he'll heal... and remarkably fast.
My snowflake chomped off half of my Lionfish's claudal fin about a month ago and it's almost totally grown back. Keep feeding him that vitamin soaked food and he'll make a speedy recovery.
Be sure to have a QT ready though just in case. This is also the type of situation where it's a good idea to have some Maracyn/Maracyn II on hand to treat bacterial infections if one occurs.
You might also try API PrimaFix or MelaFix....whatever one has aloe... may help the healing process along. As long as it's not a reef, just treat the whole system. If it's a reef, just watch and wait.

oceanists

that really sucks. I thought the same thing would happen to mny tang but he was a rough little soldier. He was in a tank with a clown trigger and niger triggers and was getting beatin bad
here he is now though

engineer

:jumping:
Yeah, I am so psyched, my tangy is all better accept for a black scar where he had the cut. I am so excited, the cut was BAD and it looks healed up!