Popeye the Flame Angel........

ryebread

I picked up a good sized Flame Angel about a month ago. I had the Flame in the QT for about ten days and saw nothing out of the ordinary.
Now that I have had the Flame in the display for a couple of weeks he seems to have a white film/bubble layer over one eye. I have seen popeye before and it looks like a minor case of it. There are no other signs, such as white specs or anything indicating the presence of Ich......Just the one fish with the bad eye.
I have been feeding a variety of Brine/Mysid/Nori/Formula One/Bloodworms all soaked in garlic extract.
Any thoughts on how to clear the eye up? I will try to have some photos later.

ryebread

I did use a net in the process of transferring the Flame over to the 120g.
This tank has a UV sterilizer on plumbed in on it........should I try turning it on?

ryebread

I never really thought about the net being a problem. :(
Would you guys reccommend me soaking any of the food in vitamins as well as the garlic?
I will start making up some water for a large change. How long do you feel that I should allow the new water to age for?

ryebread

Update:
Flame Angel's Popeye is healing quite nicely. I have been soaking all food in garlic extract and the infected eye is nearly back to normal. Thanks guys.

kimry1

Glad to hear your fish is better. I had a fish with pop eye. He made it though the treatment, but he never swam the same. I think he was blind in that eye or his balance was thrown off or something. Hope he does well. :D