porc puffer feeding

moraym

Go figure, two fish in my house that don't want to eat, thank god my dog is still constantly hungry:)
My porc puffer (had him for about a month) has yet to eat anything I put in the tank, except flake food. When I open the top of the tank to feed my lemon peel angel the porc puffer bolts to the top of the tank and assaults flakes. He aggressively goes at them, breaking the surface, it's pretty fun to watch. But he proceeds to chew up the flakes and a lot comes back out, so i'm not sure if he actually gets much or not.
I have tried to feed him krill, silversides, frozen cubes, and fresh shrimp, but on feeding poles and not. When not on a pole, he ignores it, when on a pole he gets scared.
I always tried to feed him by using a lettuce clip and clipping silversides near his hangout for a few hours, letting him eat at his leisure. Nothing works.
Any of suggestions that may make his stomach full?

balistidae

we havea porky and he is a beast....he has been eating super well since day one even stealing food from our clown trigger. Lately he has been loving squid so try that or maybe even try soakijng your food in garlic

moraym

I have to be a gourmet chef to get this guy to eat. So I prepared some tiger shrimp pieces, dipped them in garlic, and then dipped them in Formula 1 flakes.
The porc waited for the flakes to slowly fall off the shrimp, ate the flakes quickly. But then, after a long time of holding the shrimp at the surface, he went for it, but he just sucked off the flakes and none of the meat, and then went back down to his hangout.
At least this guy is hilarious:D

murray bmf

My porky eats anything and everything (except frozen brine), sometimes it's hard to feed the other fish because the porky eats it all. Try the garlic thing, that might work. My porky will not eat frozen brine but loves live brine shrimp, worth a shot. Hope this helps:)