Porc Puffer

demonic

I was informed that puffers need something to help grind there teeth down. Someone on here had mentioned a cuddlebone. Hoping that person will see this and answer this......How do you get the puffer to take to it. Because mine will not touch anything that he cant eat....Hes a fatty.

ledzep fan

Well I also own a Porc Puffer and the way that I use to grind down his teeth is to feed him clam. I crack the clam slightly open so that he has to try to get his dinner and he bites into the clams shell. Thus wearing down his teeth.

leftyblite

I think i answered this question also infish discussion. I feed mine clams and the occasional snail and hermit crab that he likes to hunt.

trigger29

???? i have a porcupine puffer also i have never heard about grinding his teeth down though?? really you have to do that ? and how often??
why do you have to grind them down to they get to big or something?

lion_crazz

If you do not grind the puffers teeth down, they can outgrow the fish's head and make eating very painful for the fish, thus, causing them many times to stop eating.
The best way is to feed them foods that have to make them work, like clam, snails, crabs, or things of that nature. When I had my puffer, he was such a pig that at times, I used to just throw the unthawed frozen food (krill, squid, prawn, etc.) onto the top of the water and let him crunch on it until he could get it down.