Porcupine Puffer Aggresive??

potter

Would a porcupine puffer kill other fish? I have a 72 gallon bowfront with a damsel, coral beauty, foxface, and maroon clown. It seems like the puffer and foxface seem to want to hide in the same rock area, Thanks for your input.

fedowner

I've got a marron clown & a foxface and the puffer doesnt bother them. However I think if there was something small enough he would eat it. The puffer is a big pig!!

boalgf

Porc Puffers do bite often and they are normally pretty agressive. Much of it depends on the size of the Porc in relation to the other fish and the size of the tank it is in.
How big is your porc and how big is your tank?

navarcus

I had a one for about a year and a half along with a lemonpeel angel and a clown with no problems. I think if the damsel is small however he may chase it around and possibly eat it. I miss my little guy. He had quite a personallity.

boalgf

Assuming the other fish aren't smaller than an inch or 2 he should leave them alone for now. Your tank is too small to house a porc puffer for life though.

zsalinas

A lot of times from what I've heard it depends on the puffer himself. Before I got into the hobby I had some family friends that had a 55 gal and they had a porc puffer in they're tank for over a year and a half. He was way friendly and never messed with the other fish. They had a maroon clown, royal grama, christmas wrasse, and some other stuff. It never bothered anything I think the temperment of the puffer varies from fish to fish.