Porcupine puffer question

W

watersalt

I've had a porcupine puffer for about 3 weeks now. I always heard they were active, but mine doesn't do much. All he does is eat and watch TV. WTH?? Will he always be lazy???? If it ain't food or TV, he just hangs out in the caves

mustang1979

how big is he?? If he is small it is just his natural defense most juvinile fish and indeed animals in general hide when they are small to aviod predators....

W

watersalt

Originally Posted by mustang1979
http:///forum/post/2926954
how big is he?? If he is small it is just his natural defense most juvinile fish and indeed animals in general hide when they are small to aviod predators....
he is about 4". Nobody messes with him. He doesn't mess with anybody. The LFS I got him from said he would pick on the lionfish that was in the tank with him. He wouldn't even let him eat. I guess when he gets older he'll move around a little more

U

usirchchris

Completely normal. Much of the day this is all they do as they are nocturnal hunters. Mine will not move during the day unless it sees the feeding cup
. Another factor is the fact that all fish are different and have very different personalities IME.

crypt keeper

a dog face at my local lfs killed a fuzzy dwarf lion. The guy had a new worker and the dude didnt know as much as he said he did and cost the store owner some coin.

fishlawyer

My s+s puffer is super active! He sits on the bottom at night, but spends his days looking at me and clients in my office... Very engaged fish.