Porcupine puffer

dcook

I have a large porcupine puffer that is about the size of my hand. He is in a community that consist of a yellow tang, scribble, foxface, dogface puffer, blue tang and a scat. Is there anything that I can put into the tank to help clean algae that my puffer will not eat? I have tries turbo snails-fish food, blue crabs-fish food. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

sue_c

puffers are notorius(sp) fin nippers and they like to eat fish.so i would worry about your other fish as well as him eating your cleaners.they will also nibble on your coral .recomended for species only tanks..

dcook

My other fish are great. They have been living together for over a year and no fin nipping has occured. I feed him well.

guineawhop

see it doesn't help that you have the dogface in there with him because i would suggest starfish, but the dogface is notorious for eating starfish. so the only thing you could do is get out an algae scrape pad and scrub it by hand. otherwise get rid of the puffers. you have enough fish as it is so that option is out too.