porkupine and spiney box puffer tank mates??

reptifish

I have been captivated by puffers for some time now my favorites being my spiney box puffer and the porkupine. now i need some help would it be possible to keep a spiney box and a porcupine in the same tank. the lfssaid yes but they also told me my aarow crab wouldnt eat my snails and my sea urchin wouldnt eat the arrow crab so i decided to ask the true experts. Thanks :happyfish

shoimen

No No No No No No No!!!! NO!
Ok, this is from personal experience.
I had a Porky for quite some time with a Snowflake Eel. Everything was going great, but we(roomates and I) decided to trade in the Eel for a Spiny Box puffer.
As soon as we released the Spiny, both puffers began to fight. We called the LFS(this was several years ago when I was a saltwater newb) and they said some bickering is normal. The Porky devastated the Spiny box, by the next day it was dead.
The worst part of this...was the Porky also sustained pretty bad injuries, as well as a huge amount of stress. He also succumbed to his injuries within a few days.
Therefore, I say this is a horrible combination from personal experience. But who knows, you could get 2 that will get along great, but I would never suggest doing so.

burpuffer

i have a porcupine puffer & a spiny box puffer and there just fine, they have been tankmates for about 3 months now no problems at all.it just depends on the fishes temper

S

shark bait

both diffrent types of fish but one is very easy to keep and the other not so much. They look so similar why even take the chance?