porky has ick..

5.0stang

I have a porcupine puffer in a 100 gallon tank, he's the only one in there. today i was looking at his side fins and tail and im pretty sure he has ick he has a few white spots on each fin and the corner of his tail and side fins are beginning to rot away. he has been eating good ever day. he eats krill, brine shrimp and mysis and he is swimming fine although he does rest most of the day on the rock or sand and swims more at night but i heard this was normal.what is the best treatment for him since he has no scales? any suggestions on what i should do? :help:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
How long have you had this fish? Take a look at the info on ich and threat in the FAQ Thread located at the top of this forum.

5.0stang

Ive only had him for about 5 days and hes eaten everyday i didnt qt him because he is the only one and will be the only one for a while. Has anyone had any luck with using coppersafe to treat I read that he wont like copper very much or should i just see if he rides it out with good water quality and vitamins in his food?

lion_crazz

I would put the fish in hyposalinity and get rid of the ich for good.
Coppersafe and a puffer is a very bad combination. Puffers do not like copper at all.