Porky Puffer

guppie

I have a small porky about 3 in and all he wants to eat is krill, I know that is not good for him, I have tryed silver sids, formula one trigger formula, with no luck, I did get him to eat a little mysis shrimp. any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

blueberryboomer

Did you ask what they we're feeding him at lfs? I have found a lot of them will feed goldfish or guppies. That may be what they we're feeding him and you may need to ween him off of that. I would keep trying to offer a varitey off different things. If he is hungry he will eat eventually. Hope this helps. Later Lisa

grouperhead

id be glad hes eating. my lfs got in a couple of small porkys about 2 weeks ago and neither of them ate anything. krill is one of the better things for them though since it is not only one of their favorite foods, but the shells on it can help their teeth. dont feed him for about 3 days and then drop in something else, he might eat it. i have the exact same problem with my snowflake, he will not eat anything except for squid. bo

pufferlover

All my Puffs eat the following with relish. Krill, Squid, Formula 1 & 2 Cubes. The smaller ones like live brine and live blackworms. I start them off on the Krill which they all seem to like the best then move them on to the other foods. If they are happy and relaxed they will eat all the above. As I have said before I don't use live food for any of my fish as I don't want them to get the idea that their tankmates start to look like more then just friends. A new Puff takes a few days to settle in then they become eating machines. Vary the diet tho one food only is not good for them or their teeth or jaws.

guppie

I have had him for about 2 weeks, seem very happy in the tank, The only thing they feed him at the lfs was krill. I will not feed him the krill for a couple of days and see how that works. Thanks again

porkypuffer

MY PORC PUFFER LOVES SHRIMP, THE FROOZEN ONES THAT YOU GET FROM THE BUTCHER.
PUFFERLOVER, WHERE DO YOU GET THE BLACKWORMS?

pufferlover

Every 2 weeks my lfs gets live Blackworms in along with his regular weekly order of Live Brine. I go every Wedsnday and stock up on brine and worms which I keep in the refer in a worm keeper. I only use Blackworms as I heard Bloodworms can carry disease. He also gets in live ghost shrimp, but I haven't tried them. I think my fish eat quite well they have more food in my fish room refer then I do upstairs for me. Actually those worms are staring to look pretty good to me (they say everything tastes better on a Ritz)