Porky Tankmates?

benihuma

How big is your porky, how big is your tank, and what are his/her tankmates?
Mine is over 7". My tank is 90. His tankmates are a false percula, lawnmower blenny, and assorted cleanup crew.
Ben

aegiale

I just had to give mine up because he was eating the clean-up crew. He was really personable and usually nice to his tankmates, with the exception of emerald crabs and snails. One time he sucked the eyes out of my scooter blenny (subsequently killing him), but I blame myself for not feeding him enough. He was a really interesting fish.
He was about 5" long, in my 75 gallon REEF (he never seemed to bother the corals) and his companions were a small yellow tang, a few damsels, and at one time a humu humu trigger. He seemed to nap a lot and had a little apartment between two rocks. :)

jeepboy

How did your damsels get along with the PP? I have 4 damsels and a lawnmower blenny right now but would like to get a PP, but am slightly worried about a turf war.

seaslug0305

ive got mine in with a marron clown a humu humu hippo tang and lunare wrasse in my 55 and he gets along with all of them with the exception of snails and the occassional crab that wanders out during the day...mine is onlye about 4 inches long right now and i cant wait to get a bigger tank to put them in

stacyt

I have 2 Porky's in my 240. Tank mates are foxface, lunar wrasse, Snowflake Eel, Fiji Damsel, Whitecheek tang (Until I can catch and remove him), Huma trigger, blue throat trigger, and yellow tang. Also a few big hermits.
Edit: Forgot to say both Porky's are about 4-5". I've had the 1st one since he was about 1.5", and added the 2nd one a few months ago. He was just a little smaller than the one that I already had.