Possible Clown problem???

muckworm

Im reposting this here from the Disease section because I haven't had any responses. So heres the problem:
My tank has been cycled for about 2 and a half weeks so I decided to go out and buy my first fish last night. I bought 2 tank raised percula clowns. I acclimated them to the tank as I should. After about 20 minutes in the tank they appeared perfectly healthy and were swimming around and appeared to love thier new home. I decided to feed them a little bit so I put in a pinch of marine flakes. They went after them aggressively so that was a good sign. One of them seemed to take in the big peices and then spit them back out. He also did this with most of the smaller peices, only keeping some of them down. Well after feeding, and maybe before, while I was watching them one of them appeared to go into a mini seizure. It lasted for about 2 seconds.. it looked like he was shaking uncontrollable and he tilted to the side to about a 45 degree angle. As I watched him over the course of an hour, this happened about 4-5 times. I also think I saw it happen with the other one, not sure though. Does anyone know what this could be??? A disease??? A shorting powerhead sending an electrical charge into the tank??? Let me know if you have any other questions for me.....

S

sinner's girl

the thing with the food is normal. clowns are clowns. what you says sounds normaly to me, but i may be wrong. my two never fail to amaze me with how they act. keep an eye on them,

jpd05

What are your water parameters?
I dont think your cycle is complete if its only 2 weeks since you began.

muckworm

my params are great, only thing showing a reading is trates at about 5... my tank has been cycled for around 2 and a half weeks... its been running for almost 2 months.. and thanks sinner, I think you are right... I've had some other people in the fish discussion board verify that this is normal so I'm not worried anymore. thanks

crew

if they are doing this shaking thing very close to each other could be a possible mating dance. I'm NOT saying they are going to mate it just means they are trying to find out if they are compadable. They also never stop swimming and could also be just rushing in a fast current. HTH

kinetic180

muckworm,
I've seen this behavior with my own clownfish and After I observed the behavior in my clownfish i went and talked to a person doing research with clownfish(he has several pairs of clowns that are breeding) and he said that:
1. could be a mating dance
2. more likely a dominance issue
Jen