Possible reasons anemone looks pitiful

gregghia

So typically this anemone has been super healthy and happy. I have the before pic. Yesterday I added some coral but nothing radical. I did add some calcium and buffer but again nothing radical.
Today when its normally at its fullest it looks pathetic...
Any first initial reasons?

ophiura

How long have you had it? Water parameters?
Anemones will frequently go through brief periods (of excretion, to be honest) where they look horrible. If it is still attached, I really would not worry at this point. How often do you feed it, or do the clowns feed it?

gregghia

Originally Posted by ophiura
http:///forum/post/2596281
How long have you had it? Water parameters?
Anemones will frequently go through brief periods (of excretion, to be honest) where they look horrible. If it is still attached, I really would not worry at this point. How often do you feed it, or do the clowns feed it?
Water is crystal
1.025 CONSTANT
82 degrees
No trites nor trates
Calcium is >400
Lighting is timed
Excellent flow.
Clowns feed it but I drop a pellet of my homemade fish food in there once a week.
I did add some corals and 3 fish and the shrimp that was eaten last night but thats it.
I did a 10 gal water change 10 minutes ago on a 75 gal tank so we will see.
It is still attached at the moment but the center or eye/butt whatever you call it is open and looks like its insides are coming out but not severe.

perfectdark

What color are the "insides" that appear to be comming out? IMO its just expelling waste, but keep an eye on it for further signs of stress or deterioration.

brandan

Are you using R.O. or R.O.D.I. water? If not, I am sure your problem lies within the water you are using.