Possible solution to keeping dwarf seahorses in a large tank

I think I have found a way to keep dwarfs in a larger tank!!! The biggest issue is to make sure the dwarfs get enough food (Artemia nauplii) passing by them so they can eat it, right?? Well since the baby brines always swim towards the light, I have installed two submersible spotlights in my tank where most of my Dwarfs like to hitch. Then I lower the lights of the tanks and of the room and most of the Artemia swim straight for them!!! Then I just sit and watch the seahorses eat from the tiny spotlights. In another one of my tanks where I don’t have spotlights I just dim the tank lights and sit my maglite (flashlight) in front of the hitching posts of the Dwarfs and it works really well… Later I’ll post a video of the Artemia and the lights.
Ro

camfish

Originally Posted by newworldfish
http:///forum/post/2866971
I think I have found a way to keep dwarfs in a larger tank!!! The biggest issue is to make sure the dwarfs get enough food (Artemia nauplii) passing by them so they can eat it, right?? Well since the baby brines always swim towards the light, I have installed two submersible spotlights in my tank where most of my Dwarfs like to hitch. Then I lower the lights of the tanks and of the room and most of the Artemia swim straight for them!!! Then I just sit and watch the seahorses eat from the tiny spotlights. In another one of my tanks where I don’t have spotlights I just dim the tank lights and sit my maglite (flashlight) in front of the hitching posts of the Dwarfs and it works really well… Later I’ll post a video of the Artemia and the lights.
Ro
sweet idea, never heard of doing that before.