Possible

spnohio

I have a newly established 75 gallon tank. I have 75lbs of live rock, some mushrooms corals and zoas. The other day I was looking at the glass and I saw a tiny starfish. will he continue to grow? I have a scopas tang, orange spotted goby, and royal gramma. Will they eat the starfish? Is there anything I can do to help it along?
Also I have two giant super tongan nassarius snails one "tongue" the underneath part that they glide on ie orange the other is brown. Are they male and female? I believe I also have seen a small baby nassarius snail on the glass the other day. Can anyone tell me if snails are born with shells? would they have only one snail?

*rais*

well most likely the starfish you saw on your glass is a sand sifting star and your fish might pick at it out of curiosity but wont eat it and it shudnt die if they pick at it unless they pick constantly. theres nothing you can really do to help it but it should be able to live on its own

snails are born with shells. but snails usually lay a little cluster of eggs, so most likely the baby snail came on the live rock.

texasmetal

With 75lbs of live rock, you're pretty much guaranteed to have many more than just that one little starfish, and probably more than one kind. Most of the tiny brittles/serpents you see will not get much bigger than they are when you find them. There will probably also be asterina stars popping up. All of them will spread as your tank matures and you add food. Their populations will eventually even out to accomodate the bio-load of your tank.
You can't distinguish snails gender by color of shell. As long as there are multiples they probably will reproduce to some extent.