Possibly a dumb question. But we gotta know!

chefben

Does anyone know of a digital parameters tester. I'm thinking there should be meter that can take a sample of your water and digitally tell you anything you need to know (i.e. alk, nitrites, nitrates, ammonia, Ph, mag, cal, iodine, etc.) Does such a thing exist? Even just to test the major parameters. I dunno. Sure would be alot easier if I could test digitally. Thanks for your input!
-ben

mavgi

pin point have some of them for : calc , salinty , ph , orp ,oxygen ,Conductivity Monitor, Thermometer . i do not see any for nitrate or ammonia and they are expensive to .

dragonboy

There are some out there that test 3 or 4 things in one unit. I don't think the digital tester will test for everything only specific types chemcials. Yeah those things are pretty expensive for the same price on one unit I can buy a whole chemical kit that would test almost everything. And you would have to buy the probe once in awhile when it gets old but usually they last pretty long but they are also expensive to replace. If you were to get one I would suggest the Calcium and alk test only cause you spend more time testing those than anything else.

saltyreef7

Yes they are out on the market..... And they are slowley getting better for the public but are very costly...currently used by big commercial public tanks......

namas05

You can get them, not sure if you would find one that test all.
But you will probably spen over a grand for one that would test all of these things.
Plus you still have to buy replacement kitsfor them at around 30-40 bucks a pop.
But hey if you want to spend the money go for it.

chefben

Very cool. It is good to know that there is something like that. Maybe one day it will be priced for us average consumers to take advantage of it! Thanks for the input!!!