Post Corals bought from this site

b0bby1

I'm thinking about buying some coral from this site. Whoever has bought coral from swf.com can you please post pics of it.

browniebuck

I just got some green ricordea yesterday, they are my first corals (so I don't know exactly how good they are, but they look really nice). I am at school now, I will post pics when I get home later this evening.

joncat24

here are a few. Everything I have pruchased here is till alive...all fish and corals. I have ordered 5 times and shipping and packing is excellent. No matter what ya get, make sure to order some of the 7.99 ricordias. cheapest price anywhere. They are small when u get them, but they grow quickly

b0bby1

Ya i will definitely get some green ricordias if i do purchase. Theyre cheap here. Wut is the coral in the second picture and the 4th picture?

joncat24

yes they are...the third pic I posted is one of my favorite shrooms. Umbrella mushroom..also 7.99 and it is about 6-7" round. Great bargain I thnk.

gnorman

sorry to steel your thread but im wanting to put any type of corals in my Semi Aggressive. will any of these work? i have a raccoon butterfly. i might try some leathers, but what about the riccordias?

b0bby1

ooh. I like the flower anemone. When you buy it from this site it comes in that color? B/c i just looked it up under this site and it's clear. Anyone else have pics to contribute?

rubytoo

I've bought several corals for swf.com over the last 2 years.
Here are some, some have spread considerably....

rubytoo

Sorry about the first post. I meant I bought them FROM swf.com over the last couple of years . Very happy with my purchases . One more for your viewing pleasure:

J

jesses89

rubytoo.. how long have u had that gorgonian?
is it hard at all to keep? and feed? and can you let it touch other corals? is it aggressive? heard they need low light or something

rubytoo

Originally Posted by Jesses89
rubytoo.. how long have u had that gorgonian?
is it hard at all to keep? and feed? and can you let it touch other corals? is it aggressive? heard they need low light or something

I've only had it for a little over 2 months. I believe all of the above is true. I had also been told they do better in established tanks. It's best to have it in a higher flow and lower light so algae does not grow on it , which basically chokes it out I assume.
Mine is in a high flow area and I feed the tank reef plankton and cyclopleeze 1 - 2 times weekly . The polyps really come out shortly adding that to the tank.
So, wish me luck with it!