Post pics of 90 gallon tanks please

fish lady

I just switched from a 200 gallon tank to a 90 due to a leak. I would like to see how some of the tanks that belong to people who know what they are doing because I can never get mine to look like some I have seen. I have enough stuff but don't think I stack my rock very nice or something. Thank you

indyws6

Greetings

I'm just starting and this is a picture of the tank about 48 hours after putting in the rock and 24 hours after firing-up the lights. Probably not what you were looking for, but I have a 90 gallon - and a picure, and I couldn't resist

fish lady

Hey cool I just got the same all glass tank as you or at least the little sticker in the corner is the same. Mine has the over flow in the left side though. Your stand looks alot nicer than the one I got. I set it up on Sun. I had a 90 right before that but no over flow so switched. You did the same thing as me and kind of stacked rock and built little caves I sure hope to see it when you have some stuff in it though. How much rock is in there? What kind of fish are you putting in it to start? Would love to show you some pic but ain't smart enough to make pictures acceptable yet! I am trying I need to get them 2.00 mb and smaller so will ask someone today and put some up!

peckhead

indyws6.....nice tank, i have the same one too. i have a question, what lighting is that and what do you use for a return pump?

nigerbang

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
gman, whats the bluish striped thing in ur third pic?
Kinda looks like a shark huh?

fish lady

Originally Posted by Key00west
the second pic is the 90 on the left and 120 on the right :happyfish
Will you put a front view pic of the 120? How much LR is in the 90?

indyws6

PECKHEAD - Greetings

The lighting is a Current USA Outer Orbit (48") unit - 2x PowerPaq 150w 10,000K MQI Metal Halides, 2x SunPaq 130w Dual Actinics (each pair has 1-460nm & 1-420nm bulb) and 6 Moon White Moonlights. The only complaint is that the two center Moonlight LED's are directly over the tank's center brace and the light is completely blocked! The reurn pump is a Mag 9.5.
If I remember correctly, you had some threads asking about return pumps - this particular pump and tank/overflow combo seems to be about right as I haven't had to throttle the return or drain to adjust the flow. Here are some pictures in case it might help you...

indyws6

FISHLADY - Greetings

Right now I have 64 lbs of Marshall Islands and 22 lbs of Fiji live rock. I intended to get all Marshall Islands (I "hand-picked" the rock at an LFS about an hour from my home) but got the 3 pieces of Fiji because they were "interesting". Unfortunately, I made the mistake of not getting enough rock (it looked like a lot more in the boxes...), so I am going back tomorrow to get about 30 lbs more. I will be reworking the aquascaping when I put the new rock in the tank.
Once the tank cycles, I will be putting in a clean-up crew and then some "beginner" corals before I get any fish. I would love to have a pair of clowns and a host anemone (or subtitute host coral), but other than that, I am completely undecided on fish right now. I, too, need to work on my photography skills - the flash washed out the color in that photo; it is much "bluer" and the rock looks much better than the photo might lead you to believe.
Would love to see photos of your tank

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by gman08016
Sharkboy it is a coral banded shark
i kno what that is but next to the shark slightly above it

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
i kno what that is but next to the shark slightly above it
thats part of a lionfish fin

rykna

Here's my horse tank!
My 90 used to be a reef tank, but now has be renovated for seahorses.When I first set it up I had my two false percs in the 90. Now they have been evicted to my 45. I set up a temporary devider to keep the percs from harrassing Valiant, my Kuda horse. :happyfish