Post Pics of the Puffers!!!!

taznut

love the pic on him puffed up... i was hoping there was one on here when i opened the thread... nice pics

greymach

Hey, i was just wondering how often puffers actually puff up? I want to make a reef tank but puffers almost make me want to just do live rock and fish becuase they are so cool. Some pics of Live Rock and Fish only tanks would be cool to see too. Get the puffers in there too. THANKS

taznut

can i get one of the spotted puffers they sell at wal mart and for brackish water and acclimate it to salt?

johnbob

Hey, i was just wondering how often puffers actually puff up? I want to make a reef tank but puffers almost make me want to just do live rock and fish becuase they are so cool. Some pics of Live Rock and Fish only tanks would be cool to see too. Get the puffers in there too. THANKS
Puffers only puff up when something is bothering them or they are stressed.

redlinedcj

here is a pic of my puffer he puffs up a just a couple gulps once in a while but that time the themometer was against him and i guess that got him a little annoyed so he kept going. :scared: :scared:
i don't think it stressed him out too much he ate a couple shrimp about 2 min later and seemed fine.

taznut

i want to get one from walmart but i cant get them to puff up... ive even picked one up and blown on it and it didnt do anything...

puff_puff_

why would you do that? do you get a thrill out of trying to scare your fish? its not a healthy thing for them to be puffing up all the time.. and if they puff up out of water they will probably die!!!! SOME PEOPLE..

lionfish1

Originally Posted by puff_puff_
why would you do that? do you get a thrill out of trying to scare your fish? its not a healthy thing for them to be puffing up all the time.. and if they puff up out of water they will probably die!!!! SOME PEOPLE..
agreed

nigerbang

Originally Posted by taznut
i want to get one from walmart but i cant get them to puff up... ive even picked one up and blown on it and it didnt do anything...
why would you do that....Im laughing just imagining that...That has to be one of the meanest things I have ever heard and prolly the most insane visual ever.... :hilarious :hilarious

taznut

that what i was told to do... they had a pic of one puffed up in some ones hand taped to the tank... i didnt know that it would kill it... it didnt puff anyway...