Post your 55-75g Reef fishlist

jjjoey

i want to get an idea of how many fish and what types of fish people run in their 55-75 gallon reef tanks
post your fishlists :)

b00st3d

How about a +15 gallons list? My 90G is pretty heavily stocked.
2 saddle back clowns
1 Chocolate Tang
1 Sohal Tang
2 pink anthias
1 coral beauty
1 fox face
1 fuzzy dwrf lion
1 sixline wrasse

The Sohal, chocolate and foxface will all be going in the 300 once things are finished up.

arvins

55 Gallon Stock
2 False Perc.
1 Yellowtail Damsel
1 Tomini Tang
1 Solar Fairy Wrasse
3 Peppermint Shrimp
5 Hermits
Alot of Snails
1 Emerald Crab (I think, haven't seen him in ages could have become hermit food long ago
)

noah's nemo

looks good. Can you get a better pic of your chocolate(is he an adult).Mine is a sub-adult and still has alot of yellow.Just curious to see yours.I've ask around here and not too many people have em.Thanks ... ohh and FYI this was my stock for a 75 minus the humu a couple months ago!
My stock for 125:
humu humu trigger
chocolate tang
flame hawk
2 orcellias clowns
royal gramma
6 line wrasse
1 blue damsel

zippgirl

I have a 75 gal:
4 red firefish
1 yellow tang
2 ocellaris clowns
1 bangaii cardinal
1 orange spotted goby
1 wheelers goby
1 yellow clown goby
1 court jester goby
1 very fat scooter blenny
almost forgot 1 filament wrasse
corals are softies and LPS

V

vinnyraptor

Originally Posted by JJJoey
http:///forum/post/3083787
i want to get an idea of how many fish and what types of fish people run in their 55-75 gallon reef tanks
post your fishlists :)
have a 95 but if i could do a 55 to 75 from scratch heres what i would do...
would be 75 to 100 lbs of LR with lots of inverts but no hermits. 1 cleaner shrimp,3 peppermint, and 1 coral banded. 2 emerald crabs, and a small blue linkia star. lots of margarita, turbos, and cerith snails, say 20 to 25 total. i would also look for more exotic inverts like pom pom crabs, fire shrimp, etc. anything cool and reef safe.
i would grow macro algae in the DT like caulpera and others. i would glue star polyps to the back glass to create a living background. some zoo's, mushrooms, xenia, and kenya tree will be easy and hardy corals that will thrive and look awesome. two or three anemones like sebae, rock, other long tentacle and clown hosting species would definately go in. (no carpets)
the first fishes in would be 3 to 5 sunburst anthias. either one maroon an gold clown or two true wild percula's would go in next. i would let this go for awhile and build up a copepod population for the mandarin that would be next.
after that a royal gramma and a six line wrasse would complete my 55 to 75 gallon reef.

jgilley

Originally Posted by b00st3d
http:///forum/post/3083805
How about a +15 gallons list? My 90G is pretty heavily stocked.
2 saddle back clowns
1 Chocolate Tang
1 Sohal Tang
2 pink anthias
1 coral beauty
1 fox face
1 fuzzy dwrf lion
1 sixline wrasse

The Sohal, chocolate and foxface will all be going in the 300 once things are finished up.
do you not have a cuc in your 90gal? i see you have a fuzzy dwrf lion

extinct 1ne

My 55 Gallon Softy Reef
Gold-Striped Maroon Clownfish (1)
Tang [Not sure which one to get yet] (1)
Midas Blenny (1)
Red Mandarin Dragonet (1)
Blue-Fin Damsel (2)
Long Tantacle Anemone (1)
Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp (1)
Fire Shrimp (1)
Coral-Banded Shrimp (1)
Peppermint Shrimp (1)
Pistol Shrimp (1)
Snails (10)
Hermit Crabs (10)
Zoanthids
Polyps
Mushrooms
Ricordea
Kenya Tree
More Soft Corals...

jjjoey

woah thanks for all the posts :)
i am wondering because i currently have a 55 gallon

i only have
x2 clownfish and a lawnmower blenny
i was wondering if i should add anymore fish and what types people are putting and having success with in their 55-75 gallons
i love all the tanks posted and i notice they all have way more fish than i do lol
so could you all help me create a fishlist to add on to my current 3 fish
thanks all
i just made an eggcrate top for my 55 so i have been looking at firefish and reefsafe wrasses
my all time dream fish (if i could know for sure it was reefsafe) would be a potters angelfish.

aquaknight

Lets, uh, skip the large tangs recommendations for a 55-75 gal for now....

What about a mini-predator reef setup?
Indigo Hamlet:
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11...ot_parent_id=4
Hawaiian Blue Puffer:
Some type of Hawkfish. LFS had a 'Red Soaring Hawkfish.' Beautiful;
(Looks better then SWF's pic)

And a larger dwarf angel. Either a big Bicolor or my personal choice, a Keyhole:

vsecret

I've got a 55g in it happily live...
2 Ocellaris Clowns - mated pair
3 Green Chromis
1 Royal Gramma
1 Sm. Blue Hippo Tang
1 Cleaner Wrasse
and my cuc

arvins

For a reef safe wrase I love our solar fairy wrasse (also called a clown fairy wrasse on some sites) the pictures don't do this guy justice as he is bright blue, green and red with a bright yellowish/orange head. He's very personable and eats like a pig AND he gets along great with everyone, our tomini pushed him around for about an hour when he went in the tank even though the lights were off but it didn't bother the wrasse and the tang gave up quick.
Might also look at clown gobies, I personally love the green ones, as well as the hawkfish (if your not attached to having shrimp as they will likely eat them) and although it will be frowned on that I'm saying this we really enjoy our tomini tang, he spends his days cleaning off the rocks and powerheads, eats any food we offer and devours his algae sheets like crazy.
Oh and oddly enough also stays glued to our yellowtail damsels side

saltyjewell

Wow thats more fish then I thought you could get for a 55-75g tank. I guess I am safe to put in more then my 8 fish in my 170g *lol* Though the Sailfin is HUGE!

b00st3d

I have 100+ in my clean up crew, from blue leg crabs to snails in 3 varieties.
I skim pretty wet and do very regular water changes to help maintain water quality for my overloaded tank.