post your 55's pics -- PLEASE!!!

snipe

tthemadd1 I like your hat lol. wht kinda fish is that in the scond pic? Is it a damsle or angle?

annanymous

wow guys. its amazing how different and beautiful everybody's tank looks. nice. keep 'em coming. unfortunately for me, i've decided togo with a 75, to give me more depth. so if anyone happens to own a 75 too, do not hesitate to show me!!! :joy:

tthemadd1

The fish in my tank were
1 yellow tailed damsel (if anyone wants him he yours)
1 Yellow Tang (died last night. I think he gorged himself to death. Put some new algae covered rock into the tank and he would not stop eating. :mad: He was pretty old, I had him for about 4 yrs)
1 Koran Angel
1 Dragonette
2 Convict Damsels (looking to sell them as well. Aggresive sell cheap though)
1 Niger Trigger
1 Diamond Watchman
1 Porcupine Puffer
Corals
12 Kenya Trees
Green Zoos
Frogspawn
Leather Coral
Bubble Coral
Green Mushrooms
Pulsing Xenia
Candy Cane
Star Polyps
Some others:
Inverts:
Blue/Red Hermits
Astrea Snails
Mexican Turbo Snails
A few Bristle Stars
Serpent Stars
Banded Coral Shrimp
RBTA (want to sell)
Looking for any of the following.
Calurpa (for the fuge) any type, cheaper is better
More Candy Cane Coral
Hermit Crabs
Red Mushrooms
I live in Kent, OH so if you are close that would be better.
Good Fishing
Themaddhatter

kdfrosty

I'm just curious...
How many pounds of rock does everyone have in their 55g? On average how far is the rock from the front glass? How high is the rock in your tank?
I have a 50g w/ about 60lbs LR, and am wanting to add more.

inkman2004

I have about 80lbs in mine and the highest peak is about 4 inches from the water line. I am about 3 inches from the glass in the front at the base.

tthemadd1

I have about 80+ as well. My Rock is three inches away from the sides all the way around. With an average of 5in from the top.

snipe

I have 80lbs also 80 or 85. I would like to eventaully have 100 to 110 Mine is currently around 3 to 4 inches mabey even 5 inches from the top.

philgmiami

i took the big center dead rock out!!!!!..im starting a new rock style cave..should be done in a month :confused: i cant stop changing rock around,im just not happy yet with it

rubberduck

be careful with those christmas tree worms, they need extreamly small phytoplankton to survive, what are you doing to feed them?

chypriss

Getting a 265watt PC in a few week's, then its time for coral!! :jumping:
55gal:
75lbs of LR
40lbs Live CC
1 Royal Gramma
1 False Perc
1 Yellow Tang
1 Flame Angel
LOTS AND LOTS of clean up crew

skirrby

heres mine,, i really wish i could find a place host a really large pic, so i could get you all a nicer pic and show alot more detail... 55 gallon, 20gallon long made into sump/fuge, 2 175watt metal halides, 4 65watt power compacts, 60lbs of fiji and vantanu(sp?) live rock, just my little sliver of the ocean

skirrby

Originally Posted by dragonfli
it is against te law tohave any living coral in the tank. some exceptions, and i have read all about them. any opinions please give'em
what? i really dont think its agenst the law to have living corals in your tank,, dont you think if it was, alot of us would be in deep trouble. and they wouldnt sell them to the public.. maybe i misunderstood what you said.. where do you live,, what law states it as being illegial.. not trying to challenge you, just struck my intrest, id like to know more

snipe

satcmofish two tangs in a 55! I would try 1 a yellow at the most but never a hippo they just need to mutch room.

satcmofish

snipe,
im trying to upgrade now, i judt have to find a deal for a tank that i can afford, ahh, if only they paid marines more money, oh well. anyway, the hippo was a gift & definitely my favorite.

P

pisomojado

Originally Posted by skirrby
what? i really dont think its agenst the law to have living corals in your tank,, dont you think if it was, alot of us would be in deep trouble. and they wouldnt sell them to the public.. maybe i misunderstood what you said.. where do you live,, what law states it as being illegial.. not trying to challenge you, just struck my intrest, id like to know more
he lives in Hawaii, where they made it illegal so people dont go diving and tearing up reef.

gfk

Originally Posted by RUBBERDUCK
be careful with those christmas tree worms, they need extreamly small phytoplankton to survive, what are you doing to feed them?

i believe i read somewhere that those were hitchikers