Post Your Angel's

maingo

My Coral Beauty is very camrea shy, this is about the best picture I have of him. I can't get any closeups...

J

jesses89

Originally Posted by browniebuck
How big is your tank and do they get along? We have an Eibli and were considering either a bicolor angel or a coral beauty...but were hesitant because of the warnings about combining angels.
i have two tanks, but the one my angels are in is a 75 gallon. How long have you had your Eibli? How big is your tank?
Theres a 50/50 chance they wont fight... something like that, but in your case.... youd be introducing another angel into a tank with an angel already in it that already established its territory....
when i added my coral beauty i added my eibli the day after... so it didnt really establish anything... and plus my yellow tang likes to bully anything new in the tang for a few days... so id say my Yellow tang mixed with not so aggressive angels is what made them get along? idk but if you do try it gl.

stieger

Folks with Koran's....
I have a 3-4" Koran, and although he eats brine and seaweed on a stick, he seems to be losing some of his blue coloring. I don't know how old he is, or if he's changing into his adult colors....
Eats well, doesn't seem stressed, water quality is terrific on all tests except Ph, which sometimes dips to 8.0. I've been adding Kent Ph+, and the other day added some magnesium, which supposedly helps to keep Ph consistent...
He doesn't seem sick, just a lack of the blue coloring. Any thoughts?

saltn00b

Originally Posted by stieger
Folks with Koran's....
I have a 3-4" Koran, and although he eats brine and seaweed on a stick, he seems to be losing some of his blue coloring. I don't know how old he is, or if he's changing into his adult colors....
Eats well, doesn't seem stressed, water quality is terrific on all tests except Ph, which sometimes dips to 8.0. I've been adding Kent Ph+, and the other day added some magnesium, which supposedly helps to keep Ph consistent...
He doesn't seem sick, just a lack of the blue coloring. Any thoughts?
koran juveniles look like this :

while adults look like :

perhaps he is color changing?
pretty fish zano.

stieger

definitely more like the juve, but the dark blue/black is "washed out" - any thoughts? You can literally see "inside him"...
Stieger

scoot

Originally Posted by stieger
definitely more like the juve, but the dark blue/black is "washed out" - any thoughts? You can literally see "inside him"...
Stieger

try feeding him brocolii fresh from the store and be4 u give it to him boil some water and just dunk the brocoli in it for like 3 sec to kill ne thing that might be on it....brocoli is suposed to stop ne diseases it helped my koran

J

jesses89

very pretty eibli traps...
how big is he??? he looks so young.. the red lines are just beginning to show on it... mines about 3"

traps

Mine is only about 2 inches. I hope he gets those red lines as bold as yours, though I've read some Eibli's just don't color up as well as others due to breeding.

J

jesses89

as they grow/get older there red marks do get bolder... sometimes it doesnt.... gl with yours!

monalisa

Here's a picture of my little coral beauty angel...she didn't make it through my tank switch, and I miss her. I've since gotten a little pygmy angel (Sr. Mary Angelica II), and she's been a great addition. About 2 weeks after releasing her into the tank, she showed up with a nasty eye injury, and her color is...well, really pretty crappy. Her injury is MUCH better now, but she is NOT a pretty fish!!! Well, except to those that love her. It may be that she's just really, really young
. I'm hoping she'll blossom as she grows.
Lisa :happyfish

scoot

i wish i could get a pic of my koran grey and rusty angel but i dont have a good camera to take a pic of them with out flash

brooklyn johnny

I've got a ton of angels... my favorite family by far... it's been a while since I posted here but this thread drew my attention for obvious reasons! :happyfish
This first shot shows my trio of regals, pair of chrysurus, and asfur...

Regal shot from my older system...

My Hawaiian bandit... will be one year with me in two days... a major accomplishment with this species...

My spawning pair of Centropyge colini, the Colin's pygmy angel, a widely distributed but very uncommon dwarf...

Multibarred angel with me a few years that I will soon pair up...

brooklyn johnny

My lemonpeel angel... one of only about a dozen of the one clutch that was captive raised years ago and one of only two in the US outside of Hawaii...

My Japanese pygmy angel, Centropyge interruptus, a ~seven year old male that is father to all that were captive raised by my friend Frank Baensch of RCT Hawaii...

My pride and joy... a very rare Centropyge resplendens... Resplendent Pygmy Angelfish...

The newest member to the family... my Chaetodontoplus conspicillatus... commonly known as a conspic angel or conspicuous angel, from New Caledonia... came in with the first group this year into the country and is coming out of quarantine this weekend to hit my display

kevin34

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Johnny
My lemonpeel angel... one of only about a dozen of the one clutch that was captive raised years ago and one of only two in the US outside of Hawaii...

My Japanese pygmy angel, Centropyge interruptus, a ~seven year old male that is father to all that were captive raised by my friend Frank Baensch of RCT Hawaii...

My pride and joy... a very rare Centropyge resplendens... Resplendent Pygmy Angelfish...

The newest member to the family... my Chaetodontoplus conspicillatus... commonly known as a conspic angel or conspicuous angel, from New Caledonia... came in with the first group this year into the country and is coming out of quarantine this weekend to hit my display

HOW BIG IS THAT TANK IN YOUR FIRST POST?????!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Are all those angels in that same tank?

stieger

My little guy never made it - he died yesterday.
AGain, he was eating brine shrimp and seaweed on a stick with no problem. Had a "fat" belly, so he seemed fine, with the exception of his black color being completely washed out. I have no idea what happened to my Koran, especially since my WQ was perfect, 8.2ph, -0- nitr, nitrate, am.
Anyone have any idea?
Stieger