Post Your Angel's

slabchet

I have a powder blue, 3 yellow tangs, coral beauty, elibi angel,8 blue chromis,naso tang,couple clowns,blenny, He hasn't been aggressive at all yet and hasn't picked at my corals.

rara12

WOW a conspic angel, how much did that set you back. A few thousand? arent they like uber rare/expensive?

brooklyn johnny

Originally Posted by Kevin34
HOW BIG IS THAT TANK IN YOUR FIRST POST?????!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Are all those angels in that same tank?
I have multiple systems and all of these angels are spread throughout. The system in the first pic is about 400 gallons with a 180 display. The photo is a couple of years old and I know have the pair of chrysurus and asfur in another large system, while the trio of regals are still in the 180 where the conspic will join them. Generally, I don't like to have dwarf angels in with my sps, so those are in other systems...
Conspics retail in the $2000 range, with larger specimens being less expensive and smaller ones being more expensive. While I didn't spend that on my resplendens, he is worth much more as there is no wild collection of them and no captive breeding, so he's priceless (at least to me... to my wife he's a plain old flameback for obvious reasons...
He also spawns nightly with his C. fisheri wife... this pair created the hybrid Hawaiian resplendent angelfish produced by RCT Hawaii, and is now retired in my basement...

Anyway, I'll admit I'm nuts... but the enjoyment I get from my systems makes it all well worth the money, and most of these fish can live and have lived well over 20 years... I've admired many of these fish since I was little years ago and it's great to be able to keep them...
John

brooklyn johnny

Hey Rara, on a side note I grew up in Passaic County, New Jersey, and one of the places I admired these fish was right on your doorstep there in Montclair, then called Aqua-Tropics, and now called Absolutely Fish. They are known nationwide for their ability to bring in some wonderful hard to find fish... For those who are Sopranos fans I grew up on the small lake where last week's episode of The Sopranos was filmed at...:)

isistius

btw brooklyn and rara-
i grew up in bergen county. closter, to be exact. near you guys but not right next door.

rolling_g

Originally Posted by GNorman
is your emperor the boss of your tank? does he bully the other fish around a lot?
I think my clown trigger is the boss in the tank .

am00re34

Originally Posted by hot883
Here is my Queen Juvi.
i thought you couldnt have angels in reef tanks? or with many other fish. is this not true?