Post your clams here!!!

reef diver

Originally Posted by SHAWNLX86
pictures taken last year on Great Barrier Reef
WOW!!!!! I heard in the early days of aqua clutured clams they used to take thise and grind em up, and soo u had lots a little ones. But that should stay in the ocean. WOW!!!! That really does remind you just how big the ocean is.

fishieness

Originally Posted by reeffer
blue crocea
FYI, that is a blue maxima. id like to get one of those too. very nice!
but you can tell without even looking at the top by the shell. crocea's shells are ripples, derasa's are smooth, and maxima and squamosa have those big ridges.

ginarox

wow! those are very pretty clams,,, mine hasnt opened up today , i am not sure what is up with that any advice anyone?... thankyou again for the pic...sweet....ginarox

murph145

nice clams everyone!
man that first wild clam is crazy its got more corals on its shell then i have in my tank lol!
anyways heres my 10" wide squamosa clam....
its dark brown with gold circles with blue dots within the gold ones....
sorry i didnt have a close up but its on the lower left side
i also have 2 croceas but they are in my sump now they have been there for the last 6 weeks
darn blue hippo decided he liked the taste of croceas so i didnt know what else to do so now they are down there under a 42W flourecent bulb that is supposed to have the same output of a 150W light bulb with a 6500K rating....
they are actually happy and growin good in the sump lol

seannmelly

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
Does everybody here keep them under MH? Anybody had luck with anything else like t-5?
Mine is under 3x150w hqi 4x96w pc

murph145

heres a better picture from today of my squamy....
ill show u the other clams in my sump but the sump lights off right now i have it on reverse light cycle....
the croceas in the sump are under a compact flourescent from homedepot with a reflector for about 15 hours a day and they have been doing fine under there but the lights only like 10" above them....
i really wouldnt try clams without MH they really like MH and grow fast under them