Post Your Favorite Corals

bbb

I'm going to start getting into corals soon and wanted to start getting some ideas so post away. :joy:

steve24

Originally Posted by BBB
Thanks. What's that last one?

Lobophyllia, i love the neon pink on it ...

sunny

This is my favorite coral, Sun Coral. Unfortunatly, this was not my first coral. If I would have found this coral first, I would have never gone down the path of buying medal halides. It does not need sunlight. It is strictly a filter feeder.

bbb

Originally Posted by sunny
This is my favorite coral, Sun Coral. Unfortunatly, this was not my first coral. If I would have found this coral first, I would have never gone down the path of buying medal halides. It does not need sunlight. It is strictly a filter feeder.
That's pretty cool. How much was it, if you don't mind me asking?
Originally Posted by hot883

I will just show a couple.
The third pic is an orange ricordia, right? I was thinking of starting with some of the green ones because they are some of the cheaper ones.

hot883

Originally Posted by BBB
The third pic is an orange ricordia, right? I was thinking of starting with some of the green ones because they are some of the cheaper ones.
yes it is. funny story; when I ordered this one colony it took 5-7 (almost a week, memory is going Ha!) days to get to me in the snail mail. It was slimy and horrible, I was peod deluxe. I put it in anyway and within 2-4 days it started to perk up. Now it's fragging itself. Ha!

hot883

Originally Posted by BBB
Awesome. Maybe I can manage to keep one alive.
no strong light, no feeding, just enjoy. mine are under 520w of PC's in my 125 gallon.

bbb

Mine will be in a 75 gallon with 440 watts VHO over them. I also have one 400 watt MH but I don't think I'm going to save that space for higher light demanding corals later on down the road.

sunny

Originally Posted by BBB

I think it was aroung $30.

viper_930

Sun corals aren't filter feeders. They need to be fed larger meaty foods like mysis.
Here's a few of my favs.
Duncanopsammia axifuga

Dendrophyllia coccinea

Cespitularia sp.

And of course Tub's blue zoos in my avatar. ^^

sunny

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
Sun corals aren't filter feeders. They need to be fed larger meaty foods like mysis.
All I feed the Sun Coral is Cyclop-Eeze. They love it.

anonome

Here's my favorite coral and picture. Can't take credit for the picture, my brother took it with his awesome camera. My fox coral has been with me 6 years.