Alkalinity:3.0
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:10
Phosphate:0.5
Calcium:450

grabbitt

Originally Posted by doglvr
Dropped the Purple Reef Lobster in my tank. It paused for perhaps 10 seconds, then went into the rocks, never to be seen again. About 3 weeks later, there in the open sand bed was a shell, thus the only pic I have of my Lobster (and not a very good one at that):

That's really odd that that happened. My purple lobster was one of the few survivors of my tank bomb. A buddy of mine was "watching" my tanks... I came back and about 500 bucks in fish and coral died
. The salinity was ridiculous because the tank was 2/3 empty (30 gallon). I'm surprised the lobster could even breathe, alas, he was one of the few survivors. I guess my friend took to 'watching the tanks' a bit too literally... Ugh.. I get mad all over again just thinking about it

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Well i checked my water not today buy like 3 days ago and it was
Temperature:78f
Salinity:1.024
PH:8.3
Alkalinity:3.0
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:10
Phosphate:0.5
Calcium:450
Looks good CK, maybe get ur salt up to 1.025-26 you have invert and corals now but this is not drastic or a cause to worry YET.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
What do you mean "you have invert and corals now but this is not drastic or a cause to worry YET."?
The reccomended S.G for inverts and corals is 1.026-27, thats all, just your next evaporation top-off, dont use the RO water, use your pre-mixed salt water.. got it?

rslinger

you are lucky as i only see mine once every few months. Here you go turned the lights on late to do a water change.

reefer545

Originally Posted by GRabbitt
That's really odd that that happened. My purple lobster was one of the few survivors of my tank bomb. A buddy of mine was "watching" my tanks... I came back and about 500 bucks in fish and coral died
. The salinity was ridiculous because the tank was 2/3 empty (30 gallon). I'm surprised the lobster could even breathe, alas, he was one of the few survivors. I guess my friend took to 'watching the tanks' a bit too literally... Ugh.. I get mad all over again just thinking about it
Are you sure it is not just a molt? It may have come out to molt and then went back in to the rocks. Heres hopin so

fishyg

Hey CK, get what you want man, it is your money. Besides, we all have put fish in aquariums and coming from billions of gallons of ocean water it is "torture" as some people call it even putting them in 600 gallon tanks. Go for it!

jennythebugg

yaaaayyy cool lobster pics ! the only time i get to see lobsters is in grocery stores or resturants -it's depressing ,i really wanted to see one in a home tank!! thanx

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by FishyG
Hey CK, get what you want man, it is your money. Besides, we all have put fish in aquariums and coming from billions of gallons of ocean water it is "torture" as some people call it even putting them in 600 gallon tanks. Go for it!
coral keeper is doing the right thing by asking for advice first so they dont go around killing everything they put in their tank

grabbitt

I have another kill to add on to my purple lobster's hit list as of last night

1 peppermint shrimp.
WHY LOBSTER, WHEN WILL THE KILLING STOP!? WHEN!!???

cgj

heres some of my purple lobster. I consider myself lucky, as at least his front part is always in sight, and during feeding he will dart for food. I see him several times a day, though he is still my most seclusive animal.

rslinger

These are purple reef lobsters they will never get big. I have had mine for a while now and it has not gotten much bigger at all. The only time I know he is still in there is when he leaves his molt behind I would say once a month.

cgj

I bought mine from a ***** when i first started the tank and he was fully grown around 3 inches. A very handsome creature... I wish he would spend more time in the open, but alas, they are a seclusive bunch.