post your pics of your aggressive tank

shawnlx86

Originally Posted by stella
my babies

HEY STELLA, IS THAT A SARGASSUM TRIGGER (XANTHICTHYS RINGENS) ?
IVE ANEVER SEEN ANYONE ON THIS SITE WITH ONE, HOW DO YOU LIKE IT??
SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, I JUST NOTICED!!

S

surfinusa

nice pics everybody and squidd that lion is a monster how big is he i want one about that big

stella

Originally Posted by SHAWNLX86
HEY STELLA, IS THAT A SARGASSUM TRIGGER (XANTHICTHYS RINGENS) ?
IVE ANEVER SEEN ANYONE ON THIS SITE WITH ONE, HOW DO YOU LIKE IT??
SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, I JUST NOTICED!!
yep! I believe that's him..... He's great.... always swimming around, has the looks of a trigger...but apparently not their aggressive behavior.

lionfish1

Originally Posted by surfinusa
nice pics everybody and squidd that lion is a monster how big is he i want one about that big
I didn't realize how big they got either until I got mine, and saw how huge it got.

boalgf

Originally Posted by surfinusa
i know more people have aggressive fish tanks post them
Maybe if you didn't sound like a petulant little kid they would.
Really, you should be lucky you got as many replies as you did. Just do a search or browse over the aggressive forum and you'll find plenty of pics.

amber1983

My tank isn't EXACTLY a aggressive tank, but it's more of an aggressive type reef in the making :D The current fish are a damsel, royal gramma, fuzzy lionfish and a soon to be maroon clown. Here is my lion :D

G

gmc03sonom

Originally Posted by Fixed
not great photos, but here goes: http://www.midcalracing.com/fish.htm

That was my old crosshatch trigger you got. I traded it in at white's pets. You bought it for 300 from kieth. I remember seeing you com in to the store. I am very happy to see that it's doing great. nice looking tank. i curently have a 12 inch queen angel myself.

tom31cm

:happyfish
Originally Posted by Fixed
not great photos, but here goes: http://www.midcalracing.com/fish.htm
Great Tank,
I have a Queen Angel also not yet adult. What kind of trigger fish are they? what do the triggers eat? What type filters are you running? Thanks Tom C. :happyfish

fixed

Originally Posted by gmc03sonom
That was my old crosshatch trigger you got. I traded it in at white's pets. You bought it for 300 from kieth. I remember seeing you com in to the store. I am very happy to see that it's doing great. nice looking tank. i curently have a 12 inch queen angel myself.
Yes, it's a great fish. Aggressive, but not too aggressive. The color highlights are very subtle, both the gold and the outlining of his fins.
Why did you get rid of it?

fixed

Originally Posted by Tom31cm
:happyfish
Great Tank,
I have a Queen Angel also not yet adult. What kind of trigger fish are they? what do the triggers eat? What type filters are you running? Thanks Tom C. :happyfish
Triggers: Humu/Picasso, Crosshatch, and Clown
Seems like they'll eat about anything, but like raw shrimp best. They'll rip a crayfish apart pretty quickly, but that is more entertainment than feeding. Makes a big mess.
Running an AllGlass sump with bioballs with an ASM G3 skimmer. Will likely add some kind of canister and UV -- I have an Ocean Clear canister/UV at home, but I'm not sure I'll add it. It came missing the o-ring around the top, so I have not plumbed it in. Also, I'm really concerned about the effect of a canister filter retaining contaminates in the filter while water is constantly flowing over them, which means that the bad stuff is not actually removed from the system often enough. The Ocean Clear seems like it will be a real pain the butt to remove the filter and clean it, which would likely mean cleanings are rarer. I think that if I add a canister, it's going to have to be extremely easy and mess free to clean, sort of like an XP, but larger.
I do weekly 30 gallon (20%) water changes, and pull about a gallon a day from the skimmer. That, combined with cutting way back on the food compared to what seems to be natural for me to feed, keeps the water quality up.

fixed

Originally Posted by gliuomo
Golden Puffer
Sort of traded out, then? I think I recall when you were in getting it, too.
I like the golden. At first I thought he was ugly, but then he grew on me. If I did not have the spotted puffer, I'd like one.

G

gmc03sonom

Thats actually not my golden puffer, lol.. I bought the one from white's, but he didn't have much personality. i sold him to a buddy of mine. i decided to go with some fish that could have a cleaning crew. i got rid of the crosshatch, because during feeding time he got too agressive. he wouldn't let any of the other fish eat. Have you been to aquatic pets? or you just sticking with whites? i used to manage aquatic pets. i did all there setups/cleaning on customers tanks. here is my stock list
12" queen angel
12" blonde naso tang male
7" blue hippo tang
7" purple tang
flame angel
cleaner wrasse
flame hawk
maroon clown
rosy scales fairy wrasse

G

gmc03sonom

tank size 210, all glass brand. all glass sump 4, euro reef skimmer, uv, 30 gallon refuge.
if you ever need help with your tank let me know, i'd love to see your tank

fixed

Originally Posted by gmc03sonom
Thats actually not my golden puffer, lol.. I bought the one from white's, but he didn't have much personality. i sold him to a buddy of mine. i decided to go with some fish that could have a cleaning crew. i got rid of the crosshatch, because during feeding time he got too agressive. he wouldn't let any of the other fish eat. Have you been to aquatic pets? or you just sticking with whites? i used to manage aquatic pets. i did all there setups/cleaning on customers tanks. here is my stock list
12" queen angel
12" blonde naso tang male
7" blue hippo tang
7" purple tang
flame angel
cleaner wrasse
flame hawk
maroon clown
rosy scales fairy wrasse
Not familiar with Aquatic Pets. Where is that?
The Humu is the bruiser in my group at feeding time. Unless I scatter food over the whole tank, he eats first, then everyone else.