post your puffer fish

gnorman

first off id like to say i just recently signed up to swf.com and i am enjoying it greatly. i thank everyone for your kind hospitality.
i am interested in getting a blue spot or white spot hawaiian puffer and would love to see some pics of your puffers!

martinc909

Nothing close to good or even decent pics but here he is.

He is either always in the way or just likes the camera.

sunny

My favorite fish. We call him "Spot". It is a spotted puffer. Great personality. Always come up to the glass to say hello. But, when you break out the camera, he is shy. He has a very mild temperment. Gets along with all of his fish mates. He has pretty blue eyes too.

darknes

Here's a short videoclip of my blue spotted longnose puffer playing in the sand. It's funny to watch him take mouthfulls of sand and spit it out, and it also comes out his gills.

Very good fish, and I lucked out and got a very docile one. He doesn't bother a thing, and I keep him in my reef tank. Enjoy.

67 demon

Originally Posted by ScubaGuy
67 Demon how long have you had yours
I have had my Valentini for about 7 months. But the pics i posted are about 3 months old or so.

E

emeralcrab

Here's my porcpine puffer, she is quite the character. She is in QT right now, on the way to the big tank hopefully by maybe next Tues.

jonny bolt

Nice Puffs. Demon, yours looks like its a female...I dont see the blue lines around its eyes. Could be the lighting though. Nice either way!
Here's my Pooff.......he was plumping his belly up eating a steamer.

67 demon

Originally Posted by Jonny Bolt
Nice Puffs. Demon, yours looks like its a female...I dont see the blue lines around its eyes. Could be the lighting though. Nice either way!
Here's my Pooff.......he was plumping his belly up eating a steamer.

Jonny, thanks a bunch for commenting. Since i am very new to this hobby, i was recently wondering what my Puff's (and all my other fish) gender was. Mine does not have any blue lines. Thanks for the answer

Also, within the last 2 days or so, i have been tossing around the idea of purchasing a Damsel. But i was a little concerned since they are aggressive and my Valentini is the smallest thing in my tank. How does your Damsel do living with your "Pooff"?? How long have they resided together? What are there relative sizes to each other? Thanks for any help/info!!!

jonny bolt

No prob dood. Ya, if yours doesnt have the blue lines around the eyes like mine, you got a female
Pretty cool, I'd have to say that almost all the ones I see for sale around here are always males.
I've had my Puffah for like a year and a half. Be 2 years next May. I rescued him from one of the LFS that doesnt really take good care of new arrivals. Right now he is about 3.5/4'" I think, definitely not full grown cuz I have seen bigger Valentini Pooffs at another LFS. The Damsel is like 2.5", maybe almost 3". He does not bother the Damsel. Most times I put in a steamer, clam, or mussle, the Damsel will try to rip some pieces off to eat in front of the Puff. He does like to hover around the meals and kind of take control, but he allows the Damsel to feast as well. I got the Damsel sometime late last Winter, and they have been doing fine together. I have a Flame Angel that keeps the Damsel in check LOL. I also have a Fuzzy Dwarf Lion, Decorated Goby, a HUUUGE Coral Banded Shrimp (biggest one I have ever seen in real life), and a Hermit Crab. Also have some Turbo Snails and Cerith Snails. Not many left though, the Puff ate the rest. Although he has spared some and left a few to live, and hasnt bothered them for like a year. I guess he likes the remaining ones

67 demon

Figures i would get a female. Everything in my house is of the female gender. No testosterone in my house i tell ya. I am cursed. Let's see. There's my wife, 2 female cats (used to be 3), 1 female dog, our newborn little girl, and now my Puff.

Again, thanks for the info. I was really wanting to see if the Puff got chased around or picked on by the Damsel. I guess not from your experience at least.
C'mon people, post up more Puffers. We need more variety and more pics here!!!! :joy: