Post your skimmerless tank pics...

m.rogers

dburr
i don't have a pic just wont to ask you with not having a skimmer how often do you do a water changes on your tank and how long has it been up and running.
thanks
mike

m.rogers

DvSKiN
tank lookes ok to me every one told me that you need a skimmer that is why i was asking and how old is your setup.
thanks
mike

dburr

I do 10% monthly. I've been skimmerless for 2 years. Went from a 55 to a 100 and now my RR 90.
Skimmers are great to start off, but I think the corals benifit more without a skimmer pulling everything out that you put in. IMHO.
I use less plankton because I know it wont get sucked out. Same with the other stuff I use. Except kalk.

dburr

DVS,
Are you posting from the web? HOW DO YOU PICS SO DANG BIG?
I have photo shop, but they still are small.

jon-paul

Yeah I have no skimmer on my tank. Still looks fine. Note the tank has had a rock slight move around, 4 new corals and a death of a fish ooooo and my anenome moved since this pic was taken. LoL still is clean.

jon-paul

Oh yeah and I also got new lights and a filter. This pic is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy outta date.
Pink Floyd Rulessss

searcher

Here's a recent shot of mine. It's been up since Nov 7, 2002. I do weekly water changes of 1 gallon and I run carbon a day before the change. I only have 3 fish (2 clowns and a 6-line wrasse) I initially meant to get a skimmer but got lazy. My nitrates are stable at .5 mg /L. I've never had hair algae (hopefully I didn't jinx myself). I had 2 small cyano outbreaks which were cured by changing 2 gallons instead of my normal 1 gallon change.