potential nitrate explosion

farwesttexas

My Tank Set-up -92 gallon corner tank
aqua c high performance in-sump skimmer
1-802 powerhead
4.5 inch sand bed
140 lbs live rock
Two days ago I did a 10% w/c, which i do every 7-10 days, and nitrates went from 10 to between 20-40. The tank has been up about 3 months. I just moved my powerhead into another location, fished two dead turbo snails out, added an anemone, and am concerned about possible dead spots in new water flow configuration. Also, before nitrate spike I ordered 2 clowns due to arrive tommorrow. I am doing a 15% w/c tommorrow. Any other recommendations?

pete43

How do you set up the power heads on a corner tank?Is it two(1 on top and 1 on the bottom)I am setting up a corner reef and was unsure

farwesttexas

I have the powerhead going down oneside and the return pump has two outlets one pointing down the opposite side and the other pointed down towards the rear bottom of the tank

trippkid

The tank is still fairly new even at 3mo. It could still be going through nitro cycle. Clean any filter pads and keep clean. Keep doing weekly 15% to 25% water changes. Stop putting animals in, you keep on adding to the bio-load, so the tank will keep cycling to some extent. It takes time. Also, what type of water are you using?