Powder blue and gold rim...

bmeeder

I have a 100 gal reef tank that has a goldrim tang in it. My unicorn (powder blue) died back in december when one my roommates unplugged my heater while i was out of town. It worked with the goldrim however. Now, i succumbed to temptation and bought another one. My gold rim is small btw, as is the new powder blue.
Well the first night in the tank the fish seemed to chase one another...the gold rim would chase the powder and vice versa...they never appreared to fight. When i got home from work last night, my powder blue was a little beat up...and the gold rim woud not leave him alone. He was really kickign the crap otu of it. So i turned all the lights off and covered the tank with the blanket. I peak in everynow and then and everyone is sleeping, hence giving the powder blue a break.
I can't keep the lights off all the time though as i have corals within the tank.
Will they work? Or will i need to get rid of one of them?

stanlalee

perhaps eventually but I wouldn't count on it. gold rim and powder blue are way to simular and the gold rim is already established territory. why are you calling your old powder blue a unicorn?

ophiura

Unicorn and powder blue tangs are not the same tang by any means, so I am not sure you really combined a blue and a gold rim before? A unicorn tang is a type of Naso.
It is a small tank for tangs, IMO...and I wouldn't push it or rock the boat.

bmeeder

Appreciate the response guys...i call the powder blue "unicorn" because of the movie gone in 60 seconds. The mustang is the car he just can get without getting busted so he calls it his unicorn.
Well the powder blue is the only fish casuaslty that i have had and it is truely the only fish i want.