powder blue issue

markus0909

I recently bought a powder blue tang (pbt) from swf. It arrived in what appeared good condition. I didn't get a great look at it until the next day, due to acclimation process and evening time frame. Once I got him into the quarantine tank and had a light on, I noticed that he had a washed appearance and transparent spots on his fins. Later the 2nd day he had what appeared as ICH. (White grains on the outside of his skin AND what looked like bumps the size of grains of sand "under his skin".
I imediately started Hypo. The white spots vanished. He is eating just fine. I feed mysis, seaweed and Algae. Eats like crazy. It's been 2 weeks, still eating fine and no white spots. However, he still has the bumps under his skin and transparent patches on his fins as well as having a washed out look. What is this? I plan on staying with Hypo to 4 weeks, but don't see these other symptoms getting better.
Thanks for the help.

J

jstdv8

the washed out look is pretty normal for tangs when they are under alot of stress. that can be a product of simply trying to get used to his new home.
The bumps, thats another matter

The bumps are probably related to the "ich" parasite. This could be a result of scar tissue as a result of the burrowing parasites. Give it time. It should clear up as long as there are no parasites in the water column.
BTW poweder blue tangs turn pale when stressed.