Powder Blue Tang

azaintcold

I have one of these, my question is this: what is its favorite food besides grazing? It doesn't like dried seaweed, it sometimes will grab a bite of meaty foods, mysis, squid, brine, etc... nothing that he goes crazy over yet though. any ideas?

E

essop3

try to rubber band some of the dried seaweed to a rock. It will seem more natural to it. You can also try to add macro algae from your (or a friends) fuge.

cam78

Cauplera or something, whats that stuff called, sorry, don' know how to spell it. My tang has been going NUTS on it. Get some of that, it is mowing it down in my tank.

scotts

Try soaking whatever you put in the tank in some garlic extract. It is a good smell and taste to fish. Jusst remember that even though you know you are putting food in there, the fish may not know it is food. Once it learns you are putting food in the tank you will not have to soak it in garlic.

azaintcold

Thanks everybody, I tried the garlic for 2 days, he didn't care.I put some dried seaweed in today and he went nuts over it w/o garlic. Guess he just had to get comfortable first. thanks folks.

E

essop3

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
dont bother with the cheato. tangs dont eat it (or hardly anything else).
Both my purple tang and foxface eat it.

scotty37

zooplankton... this stuff is like catnip for fish (at least for my fish). My tang acts like its having a seizure it gets so excited when I drop this stuff in. Aint cheap, smells horrid, but fun to watch.