powder brown tang

sargeboy

today instead of a yellow longnose bytterfly i decided to get a powder brown tang. he is around 4in very healthy and i just put him in my display tank. going through the acclimation process he did develop a few ick dots. is it normal for tangs to get ick this quick while going through the acclimation process? i just use and old empty salt bucket and put the fish in there and do the drip acclimation for 1 hour.

geoj

It will need to be treated. So here is the question are you going to treat it or can you get the LFS to do it?

sargeboy

but i have a coral beauty angel that had ick all over and it only got better over time. i think i may leave him for the night beacuse i just put him in and he will be more stressed. also by the morning i will know more about how serious it is. o and i doubt my local fish store would do anything even though all the things in there store live.

sargeboy

ya i like him to the colors are so vivid and he is the most active fish in my tank he just swims back and forth along the perimeter of the tank

noah's nemo

QT,
QT.....ect......
Ich is in your DT,probably from your angel,so QTing the PBT would have done nothing.You can do things right and kill ich off,or leave things as is,and pray to the fish gods..
Ich and stress don't go hand and hand....after my battle over a year ago i learned this..I can go put my hand in my tank and chase the crap out of all my fish for an hour,they will not get ich..Because it is not in my tank!

small triggers

ich is a parasite with a specific life cycle,, some people do always have ich in their tank if they dont take any correcting measures...but if you QT or even if you can do hypo in your DT to kill off the ich you are in a much better place than waiting for it to rear up again. If you have it and your fish get stressed then yes they will show it again,,, but if you dont have it to begin with your fish cant get it...

sargeboy

how exactly do you do the hypo treatment the right way i once kept my tank fish free for 8 weeks but it didnt end up helping